Back again for help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loubie

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I posted a thread on here a couple of days ago, but no one was really able to help me, so i'm trying again.

I'm trying to get my theory work done for my manicure and pedicure course but am having trouble with a few questions, please help if you can.

1. What are the causes of Lamellar Splitting?

2. How would you deal with Splinter Haemorrhages and what advice would you give?

3. How would you deal with Sweaty Feet and what advice would you give?

4. What special precautions would you take when treating a diabetic?

I hope someone out there can help me as i am desparate to get this finished!

Emma.

Hiya my advice for sweaty feet would be to put a big pair of latex gloves on, peg on your nose and some disinfectant in foot spa, only kiddin ha ha !:lol:

Loubie said:
Hello everyone

I posted a thread on here a couple of days ago, but no one was really able to help me, so i'm trying again.

I'm trying to get my theory work done for my manicure and pedicure course but am having trouble with a few questions, please help if you can.

2. How would you deal with Splinter Haemorrhages and what advice would you give?

Emma.
Cant help with all of it but i'll try some! You have to be careful with diabetics coz they can bleed and not stop so dont use cuticle nippers. Sweaty feet i'd tell them to wear cotton socks, wash feet twice a day and dont wear shoes that arent leather. Someone else will have to help with the other two coz i dont have the answers to hand - soz!

Sweaty feet you can advise using products containing mint which is quite cooling, refreshing. cooling gels, talcs etc...

Not sure on the other problems why don't you try looking on a search engine such as google.com

Loubie said:
Hello everyone

Emma.

Hiya Emma,
1) lamellar splitting, also called onychoschizia, can occur as the result of repeated cycles of nail hydration and drying.

Hths

Hi there

If someone had a really serious problem with sweaty feet and they complained to you about it, then I would advise them to see their GP. Leather soled shoes are better. Why not ask a Chiropodist for their advice, see what they say.

It's inadvisable to carry out cuticle clipping, hard skin paring or harsh rasping on diabetics as they are slow to heal and prone to infections, same with poor peripheral circulation. With IHM I would need to refer them to GP first.

Splinter haemorrhages are bruises under the nail due to trauma and don't need any special attention.

For the splitting weekly manicures with hot oil or nutritive cream bath, rich hand creams, regular use of cuticle oil, nail hardener which does not contain formaldehyde, wearing of rubber gloves especially for water.

Deb379

Thank you very much for your help. Just what I needed. Thank you again.

Emma.

Latest posts

Back