Back and chest waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajb

Reaction score
hi there

just wondered if theres any tips or advice on how to stop men getting spots after back or chest waxing?

i give all the after care advice but does it just happen anyway men getting to spots or have they prob not followed the after care advice?

Hiya,

Such a common problem with guys, just because they perspire so much more than female clients. Folliculitis is always going to be an issue if the correct aftercare isn't followed. I always do the following with male back and chest clients, especially clients who are prone to breakouts:

• try book them in later in the evening so they are going straight home to relax after and can stay cool, instead of being in earlier in the day, getting waxed and then going about their day perspiring.
  • wear a fresh, clean cotton t-shirt post wax.
  • make sure to use the appropriate wax on their hair/skin type. Determine whether hot wax or strip wax would suit best, or maybe a combination of both depending on the clients needs.
  • apply the correct aftercare product, something light and soothing but nothing too heavy for their skin. I use Waxperts Wonder Pads straight after waxing guys. (only on male clients as I find their skin is tougher than female clients)
  • give clear aftercare instructions and how to care for their skin in between waxing treatments: Keep skin clean and cool. Exfoliate 2-3 times weekly. Use Waxperts Wonder Pads daily starting immediately, the salicylic acid will exfoliate, rosemary to soothe and pathenol to condition. Perfect for all waxing clients but especially guys as they are super easy to use. Plus they can use them on stubble rash and facial spots. Easy peasy.
I hope that helps. :)

Backs and chests are common places to have a reaction. Make sure you retail them some professional aftercare products and wax them every 4 weeks. This way the skin will become accustomed to getting waxed and the reaction should lessen over time with a regular wax and good homecare.

It just happens and all of the above is great advice to follow but it's often down to bad luck. Don't beat yourself up over it.

hi there

just wondered if theres any tips or advice on how to stop men getting spots after back or chest waxing?

i give all the after care advice but does it just happen anyway men getting to spots or have they prob not followed the after care advice?

In addition to the useful tips the others have given I recomend that my clients use an antibacterial skin wash after waxing and follow all their aftercare advice. For guys that have chest waxing it's quite common for people to have a reaction straight after waxing especially if it's the first time. I often recommend that they take antihistamine for a few days after their waxen and in my experience it really does help just going to settle down really quickly and if they keep skin clean, cool and follow the basic principles of after-care they often get such a bad reaction. I retail a few products but I also give them recommendations of things they can buy on the High street.
Hth jack

Latest posts

Back