Back fills ... French Rebalance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caqt4u2nv

Reaction score
Hi Everyone... Well I'm having a problem with my backfills. I just did a clients backfills last night and for the first time I had a clear line where the smile line was before. I've heard of this but it had never happened to me. I drilled the smile line out and then filled it with white again but when i filed and buffed the line came out. I went back and added more prduct but it was still there. What went wrong? :eek:Please help!!! Thank you guys.

Hi Everyone... Well I'm having a problem with my backfills. I just did a clients backfills last night and for the first time I had a clear line where the smile line was before. I've heard of this but it had never happened to me. I drilled the smile line out and then filled it with white again but when i filed and buffed the line came out. I went back and added more prduct but it was still there. What went wrong? :eek:Please help!!! Thank you guys.

sounds like you may not have removed enough product before you placed the new white.

you need to get rid of most of the thickness before you do the new smile so that you wont file away your new application when you shape the nail afterwards.

Sounds like that to me too, not removing enough of the old pink round about the new smile line will cast that nasty shadow.

Thanks... I thought that was what was wrong and when i tried to go in the second time to drill it out it still did the same I guess i should have removed more of it from the begining.

backfills do feel like a pain in the butt at first, but you will eventually get used to them and think nothing of it.
one of the best lessons i learned was how important it is not to make the original nail too thick. this way you dont have too much filing to do when it comes to backfills.
then when you backfill be thorough with your filing before you place the new product.
it saves so much agravation in the long run.

Latest posts

Back