Back massage and spray tan in same appointment-possible?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxhaylzxx

Reaction score
Hi

I have never had a request for both treatments in one appointment until today. She wasn't originally booked in for spray tan it was just a back massage. If i did the massage first and removed the oil before doing the tan would it be ok? Thanks
Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think it would be ok but I think it comes down to personal opinion. I don't think I would purely because ive only been tanning 3 years so I'm still at the stage where I wouldn't tan alongside any other treatment :)

I have told her it might not take on her back and advised against it but she seems happy with that. She has asked me to do her a full exfoliation before the tan too so hopefully that will help. But she has been warned and i have it in writing!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think it won't take on her back at all, I wouldn't do it even though you've warned her x

I wouldn't do it the oil will create havoc on the result of the tan

A seated style Indian head massage with no oil is ideal for 10-15 minutes but not too long or she could feel too sleepy before her spray tan.

There's also the manual cream tan application like st Tropez which you could apply in a massage style lying on the couch (protected), but not really for deep tissue work just a light massage.

:)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using SalonGeek mobile app

Are you mobile? Could you get her to shower before the tan? I don't think it'd work either :-/ it will create a barrier.

Latest posts

Back