Back massage/mask treatments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandywine

Reaction score
I have nearly finished my Facial course.I was thinking that it would be good to offer a back massage/back mask and mini facial as one treatment ( I thought this would especially appeal to male clients, which I have more of at the moment). Does anyone now if I need to do a separate course for this as I already have a VCTC in massage and its combining the two elements (if that makes sense?)
Thanks for any replies.:)

Dont quite understand Are you qualified in body massage.Because if not then no you shouldnt really be doing backs.

Dont quite understand Are you qualified in body massage.Because if not then no you shouldnt really be doing backs.

That is an interesting comment because i did VTCT facial unit and we were taught back massage within this unit even though we havent done body massage.

Well as long as you have been taught it i see no reason why you can't do it.If they didnt expect you to do it they wouldn't have taught you.

Faye, you're right about this combination being a real winner with chaps - I offer it at my gents salon and it's very popular, especially as a gift treatment. You could use a clay-based mask or cooling mask on the back during the summer, and a thermal mud mask in the winter to make it even more luxurious.

With regards to insurance, no you wouldn't need to do an additional course as you already have the two qualifications - as you rightly said, you're simply combining the two elements :D

I've put my routine for this treatment up on the link below, if interested :)

http://www.salongeek.com/skin-geek/44843-male-facial.html#post463693

Andy x

Yes I am qualified in Level 3 VCTC in swedish massage (this includes backs). I just wondered If there would be a problem combining the two treatments as in the Facial qualification it doesn't include appling a mask on the back, but it would be easy to adapt this from what I've already learnt.

Thanks very much Andy I'll have a look at that later.

Paraffin wax on the back is also a good one to offer.

Once youve built your confidence after youve qualified you will find you find your own ways to do things and make up your own treatments.Its good to introduce new ideas and techniques keeps you and your clients interested.My swedish massage is only about 50% the same routine i learnt at college and the rest is what ive picked up over the years.I dont think i ever do the same routine on one person to the next you adapt. Someone may want more time on their back and not their arms and so on and when you get to know clients you can ask them what they would like today more of this less of that or scalp done etc etc.They like it because you have personalised it for them and not just gone through a routine.

Latest posts

Back