Back Pain

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Pan

Too sexy to be old geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
i need help NOW- my back has gone into spasm (long standing prob) but with a baby to see to - how the hell do i cope with this - i have tried to lift emily up tonight but the pain is so immense its unbearable - its at the point now where im just sitting in my geek chair and the spasms are still going on - and i have to be right to see to the girls

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED

I take ibuprofen for mine when it happens on my doctors advice as its apparently has anti inflamatory properties which help. :hug:

God if i lived nearer to you mate i would drive too you !!!:cry:
I also suffer with my back and I know what agony it is!!!!!!!!
Have you got any strong painkillers??? If not can you call an emergency doctor and explain the situation? Could they not do a house call?

If there is someone there with you now, get them to get a hot water bottle ready for you with the water as hot as you can bear it!and leave on your back!!. that always gives me a bit of relief for a while!:irked:
really hope it un locks soon xxxx:hug:

I take ibuprofen for mine when it happens on my doctors advice as its apparently has anti inflamatory properties which help. :hug:[/quotes

done that sweet pea -they dont touch my back pain anymore - i think im immume to them :lol:i ve tried cocodomol and all the others - its not that often that my back goes but it has big style tonight - i cant even bend over - the spasms are coming while im sat in this bloody chair - its not nice, as you will probs know - but i have to deal with a 12 month old and it makes it more diffiult

Oh no, nightmare. Ice pack then? That can reduce swelling at the point of origin, not terribly comfy but when mine starts I'll do anything :lol:

God if i lived nearer to you mate i would drive too you !!!:cry:
I also suffer with my back and I know what agony it is!!!!!!!!
Have you got any strong painkillers??? If not can you call an emergency doctor and explain the situation? Could they not do a house call?

If there is someone there with you now, get them to get a hot water bottle ready for you with the water as hot as you can bear it!and leave on your back!!. that always gives me a bit of relief for a while!:irked:
really hope it un locks soon xxxx:hug:

done all that flower - i have an instable spine and it dont happen that often -but he last time i had it i called the doctor and she made me reel worse- ive since changed my doctor -ooooooooooooooooooo the pain of this is not fun

Oh no, nightmare. Ice pack then? That can reduce swelling at the point of origin, not terribly comfy but when mine starts I'll do anything :lol:

dont thinki could stick an icepack on it flower - its soooooooo touchy - i couldnt bare anything touching it

omg outside of lots of painkillers (I was on higher than normal dosage) and ice I have suggestions. I would send you hugs but bet that hurts too :(

Can you ring the local hospital emergency department & tell them whats happend and ask their advice? Say that you have a little baby to take care of and you cant get off the chair!! Tell them you are on your own with Baby! :hug:

you should not do this during spasms.. but when you are "pain free" its a good idea to do this little procedure 2 x a day...

Make fists with your hands
Either side of your spine apply pressure up and down the length as far as you can reach
Not too much pressure the lightest touch is all that is needed.

My Best friend broke her back 10 years ago falling down stairs and this is a preventative messure she uses on spasms and attacks..
It helps with blood flow and circulation.. which in turn can stop spasms fro occuring.. she also uses this pulsy thing which basically does the same thing..

She is on morphine but she says that when she gets really bad she takes a valium or a muscle relaxer to ease the tension.. The worst part is that when you have pain to tense up even more which makes it worse.. try relaxation techniques.. controlled breathing and drop your shoulders.. you will be surprised how hunched up they will be..
The other one is slack your jaw and drop your tongue to your bottom teeth.. Tension is the killer.. it makes pain that is there 2 times as bad.
I hope you feel better soon.
x

you should not do this during spasms.. but when you are "pain free" its a good idea to do this little procedure 2 x a day...

Make fists with your hands
Either side of your spine apply pressure up and down the length as far as you can reach
Not too much pressure the lightest touch is all that is needed.

My Best friend broke her back 10 years ago falling down stairs and this is a preventative messure she uses on spasms and attacks..
It helps with blood flow and circulation.. which in turn can stop spasms fro occuring.. she also uses this pulsy thing which basically does the same thing..

She is on morphine but she says that when she gets really bad she takes a valium or a muscle relaxer to ease the tension.. The worst part is that when you have pain to tense up even more which makes it worse.. try relaxation techniques.. controlled breathing and drop your shoulders.. you will be surprised how hunched up they will be..
The other one is slack your jaw and drop your tongue to your bottom teeth.. Tension is the killer.. it makes pain that is there 2 times as bad.
I hope you feel better soon.
x

i not on morphine flower or valium and the docs wont prescibe it as my prob isnt often enough - tried the breathing flower- it dont work - this hapens so far and few between -but when it does - it gets me BIG STYLE- its like you can hardly breath with it - ive been told that my only option is a spinal fusion (dont think so). im just a wuss - i dont like this pain and its made worse cos i have to see to a 12 month old, and it not funny when i have to lift her all the time

i not on morphine flower or valium and the docs wont prescibe it as my prob isnt often enough - tried the breathing flower- it dont work - this hapens so far and few between -but when it does - it gets me BIG STYLE- its like you can hardly breath with it - ive been told that my only option is a spinal fusion (dont think so). im just a wuss - i dont like this pain and its made worse cos i have to see to a 12 month old, and it not funny when i have to lift her all the time

Morphine only masks the pain anyway.. ((which you could prolly use with right now..)) Hmm trying to relax with major pain is not an option.. :smack: sorry.. hard to think when your sat the other side of the globe..
If you need a fusion then you should demand that your Doc give you muscle relaxers for use during the attacks.. Dont take no for an answer.. They DO work and it should be an option for you.. Plus there are some very good Milder versions out now. Makes no sense to me that people be in pain when they are available.. Yes they can be addictive.. but used correctly they are extremely benificial..

Having kids myself i know what you mean.. they dont understand pain.. they just want what they want.. but perhaps you should think of you first and foremost and see if you cant make other arrangements while you are in pain.. ((I know its a bugger but you are no good to the kids when your in this much pain.. and you may make it worse!))
:rolleyes: do you have anyone who can give you a hand?

How about getting an appointment with a chiropractor or physiotherapist they might be able to help

If you go to a chiropractor try to see a mctimory one (not spelt right I don't think) they use a much gentler technique than ordinary ones - Also have you tried a tens machine?

Ginger essential oil is good in a warm bath for realising things???

i know what you are going through as ive suffered the last 4 years with spasms, in december it put me in bed for a week and unable to work the majority of january! I have been to the osteo 10 times from jan to may and this did stop the muscle spasms but not the inredible pain, i have since been back to another dr who has given me a course of Naproxen which is a non steriod anti inflamm, and inintially it wiped the pain out, having aches now but nothing compared to previously, go back and see you dr again there must be something to give you for intial pain, sometimes its just , hope you feel better soon x

Do you have a Dr.China near you?? If you do go in and ask for Cupping! I swear it works wonders!! Failing that I would advise a trip to a Chiropracter and Doctors, hope you are feeling better soon! I feel your pain sweetie!! xxxx:hug:

I know how you feel iv sufferd with back problems since i was 17yrs now 38yrs.Iv been on painkillers since i was 17yrs tried all on the market evan morphine and still the same,Had all the pysio and pain management,had injections up the spine the lot.My hubby bought me a tens machine from boots a couple of years ago from boots.It was over £100 but worth its weight in gold as it does all different frequency's and pulse etc etc.The simlp ones or not as good but its up to you.I struggled with the kids i cant evan bend ove the bath the bath mine and they learnt to help me as they grew older.Im afraid its a case of grin n bare it {sorry to sound blunt but thers not alot you can really do}.I do really feel for you as anyone with a bad back will know it takes time for it to ease off.I think tho while your are not mobile enough you need help have you got some family you can call in too help you with the baby,this is what i had to do my mum had to help loads,she still does evan at 74 bless her.Hol tight and i hope it eases off soon for you,some good advice on here.Make that phonecall get someone round to help you,xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

thanks girls -

the girls went to their dads early today (10am instead of 5pm) and sis was round this morning to help me out, then she took them to their dads for me. my back has eased off abit now, and i found that standing actually helped it, so ive been in the kitchen decorating another birthday cake (new thread) had some painkillers, so - touch wood, all is better.

I was told to ice it down (ehm???). Just remember if you use a bag of frozen broccoli to remove the bag BEFORE it starts to smell like ****! :-D

C.

Latest posts

Back