Back,sack and crack waxing for the Guys

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And it is no more painful for a man to get waxed than a woman. However, men tend not to have as high of a pain tolerance.

Of course we do ...its just that you ladies get colds and us guy's get the flu..

And after all why do we need to have high pain tolerence as you have the babies....:lol::lol:

All us guy's need to do to cure the pain in our lives is put on our ear defenders when you ladies come out with the term"can we have a little chat when we get home honey" :lol::lol::lol:

Of course we do ...its just that you ladies get colds and us guy's get the flu..

And after all why do we need to have high pain tolerence as you have the babies....:lol::lol:

All us guy's need to do to cure the pain in our lives is put on our ear defenders when you ladies come out with the term"can we have a little chat when we get home honey" :lol::lol::lol:

lol..... so very true!. I have a friend who was married to a man for years, and then suddenly came out of the closet. Once she was in her first relationship with a woman she said she had a deeper appretiation for her ex-hubby now that she had seen the mental stuff us woman can put a partner through.... lol

lol..... so very true!. I have a friend who was married to a man for years, and then suddenly came out of the closet. Once she was in her first relationship with a woman she said she had a deeper appretiation for her ex-hubby now that she had seen the mental stuff us woman can put a partner through.... lol

mmmm I guess it would be fair to say that you ladies do indeed have a higher pain threshold over shorter periods of time where as us guy's do in fact have a lower one but we are capable of sustaing pain over a much longer period of time...your freinds partners route is quiet radicle although wearing ear defenders really does help also and means we can keep wearing the same clothes:lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol:

Be careful Collin, I am doing my male intimate waxing course in April and I may be needing willing mugs (oops sorry models)!!!!

Now I really am getting scared..this is getting far to close for comfort..

I wish the mod's would just close this thread down so I can sleep at night without the nightmares you guy's are giving me :lol::lol::lol:

Where are they when you need them....hello any mod's out there..help!!!

Now I really am getting scared..this is getting far to close for comfort..

I wish the mod's would just close this thread down so I can sleep at night without the nightmares you guy's are giving me :lol::lol::lol:

Where are they when you need them....hello any mod's out there..help!!!

It's really not so bad! As long as (in my experience) you get it done on the sensitive areas with hot wax rather than strip wax. OK it does hurt a bit, but is worth it for the lovely smoothness you get afterwards!

It's really not so bad! As long as (in my experience) you get it done on the sensitive areas with hot wax rather than strip wax. OK it does hurt a bit, but is worth it for the lovely smoothness you get afterwards!

Done with proper technique.... Strip wax is just a good to use as hard wax :)

Done with proper technique.... Strip wax is just a good to use as hard wax :)

ok so the mod's are either busy elsewhere or simply enjoy someone suffering:cry:

So if we cant get this posting closed lets see if we can focus on some wortwhile infomation..especially for me as this is a practice that I would like to know more about:)

I am hearing a lot about applications using warm wax verses hot wax and strip waxing

So my question is.... what are the specific benifits of each application type from the perspective of the person doing the application as well as from the patient's perspective?

Your views would be very much apreciated:hug:

ok so the mod's are either busy elsewhere or simply enjoy someone suffering:cry:

So if we cant get this posting closed lets see if we can focus on some wortwhile infomation..especially for me as this is a practice that I would like to know more about:)

I am hearing a lot about applications using warm wax verses hot wax and strip waxing

So my question is.... what are the specific benifits of each application type from the perspective of the person doing the application as well as from the patient's perspective?

Your views would be very much apreciated:hug:

For me, strip wax gives me more speed since there is no set up time. I can do a full female braz (bald back and front) in 10-15 minutes. A male braz takes me 15-30 min.

When using oil as a barrier, and using proper technique, any wax method should be just as good as another.

The hard wax users are going to say that it's the wax that makes the service less painful, when in fact, it's their technique that makes all the difference. I had clients come in that had hard wax used on them and they were bruised and had torn skin. Same as I've had complaints from clients of having the same thing done with strip wax.

That's my opinion anyway :)

That's my opinion anyway :)

thanks for your opinion..very much apreciated...I have done some more digging (he he he) and a little birdie tells me you use a brand called Berins in your salon which I beleive is not available over here in the Uk?

As I understand it this a popular brand in the USA...what is so special about it ?

I have recently started using Berins... although she has not created a honey strip wax (she is in the process of it though). I love the cream wax... it goes on nice and smooth and leaves no residue on the skin afterwards. And the hard wax is used very similar to strip wax (you apply it thin and in one direction), so I use it for all my face waxes and underarm waxes.

A little birdie huh....lol... wonder who that is.....:)

If I look at part my origional question and take a bit of a slant on it....it would be intresting to learn what is the revenue mix in your salon between income generated by male verses female treatments.

If I look at part my origional question and take a bit of a slant on it....it would be intresting to learn what is the revenue mix in your salon between income generated by male verses female treatments.

At the moment, the vast majority of my waxing clients are female. I live in a small city, and male waxing is just catching on.... I'm doing my best to change that :)

Collin just take a few pain killers before the treatment and it'll not feel quite as bad! Go for it!

hi wax queen
just interested you say you train in the art of male extreme waxing?

i regularly have this treatment done i think it feel so much nicer than having loads of hair. \my wife encourages me to have waxing regularly.

I have made myself available to therapist/classes wishing to teach male waxing on several occassions. Do you use male models for your training
and if so would you be interested if i where to offer my services?

paul

Andy of Axion
i cant seem to reply thourgh PM system but sure i would be happy to assist with the effort of rolling out this service to guys across the country.

That goes for any body on saloon geek wishing to gain experience of this kind of waxing i am happy to help.

Andy of Axion
i cant seem to reply thourgh PM system but sure i would be happy to assist with the effort of rolling out this service to guys across the country.

That goes for any body on saloon geek wishing to gain experience of this kind of waxing i am happy to help.

Thanks Paul,

As promised, I'll pass your details on to Kim as well - we appreciate the help that guys like yourself offer, as it can sometimes be difficult for therapists to find willing models during training. We'll be in touch!

and if so what do your hubbie's/partners think of you offering this service?

In answer to this question Collin, my partner is very supportive of me and my business and he knows that to me any part of the body I wax is just that a part of the body. Once you have been waxing for a while most wax technicians will tell you that is how they look at things, whether male or female it doesn't matter, it is just hair that needs removing and we are only concentrating on the job in hand - removing unwanted hair.

However, what he does consider important is my safety and if I were to do a male client outside of normal salon hours (when the hairdressers downstairs is closed) he would insist on being present to protect my safety.

[/color]

However, what he does consider important is my safety and if I were to do a male client outside of normal salon hours (when the hairdressers downstairs is closed) he would insist on being present to protect my safety.

This is the bit I was refering to with my question earlier....safety must be of the uppermost importance to you guy's :hug:

This is the bit I was refering to with my question earlier....safety must be of the uppermost importance to you guy's :hug:

Absolutely Collin, but it is not only male clients. I was once attacked by a female client, so as therapists we must be very careful.

Especially if you are mobile, you should make sure that someone knows what appointments you have, where they are and what time you are expected home.

Having said that my partner is very supportive of what I do, he still won't model for me when it comes to male intimate waxing - he is a big wimp.

When my partner first found out I did male waxing, he wasn't so happy about it. Then I waxed him....lol!! He realized there was nothing sensual or sexual about it.

Latest posts

Back