Back,sack and crack waxing for the Guys

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK so I'm not a salon person butyou guys will probably be able to answer me...
i'm considering having back sack +crack done but have 2 problems...

Firstly I'm nervous.... paticularly about the temperature of the wax.... Just how hot is it when it goes on? - I have quite heat sensitive skin and have to wash hands etc. in colder water than most people - I don't want burns there..

Secondly - I can't find anyone remotely close (to grimsby) who does this...I am a little shy about asking though - I worry people will look at me as if i have two head when I ask...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.... Jamie

PS - Grimsby is on east coast sort of level with leeds if you don' know..

OK so I'm not a salon person butyou guys will probably be able to answer me...
i'm considering having back sack +crack done but have 2 problems...

Firstly I'm nervous.... paticularly about the temperature of the wax.... Just how hot is it when it goes on? - I have quite heat sensitive skin and have to wash hands etc. in colder water than most people - I don't want burns there..

Secondly - I can't find anyone remotely close (to grimsby) who does this...I am a little shy about asking though - I worry people will look at me as if i have two head when I ask...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.... Jamie

PS - Grimsby is on east coast sort of level with leeds if you don' know..

The wax I use is not that hot at all.. its body temperature.

I am not that close.. but only about 1.5 hours away in Todmorden, West Yorkshire.. not that far to travel for this kind of service. :)

I am a new 'Intimate' waxer, but very confident.. I will PM you :)

Thank - You're two hours closer than anyone else I've found... let me know..

Hi

I have been doing this procedure for years. I have found it to be mostly men calling off their own backs to get this done, however there are a few women who push their poor partners through the door!

A decent waxer will not do this for pleasure (putting a man through hell in a 'well now they know how we feel' frame of mind!). It is not revenge and we do not wax our inner labia, where we wax the mans scrotum, and penis. Its certainly not the most comfortable treatment for them especially if you are not trained.

The most important thing in any procedure i have found is the consultation. It helps the client relax if they know that a) Yes it will be uncomfortable, but you will allow them a break if they wish or stop altogether and for them not to be embarrased if they cant go through with it, b) I explain the entire procedure and explain that I cover their modesty at all times (its surprising how many men are embarrassed about being completly naked in front of a woman!) I also explain about them relaxing, breathing and not tensing up, stretching the skin, and the aftercare BEFORE they have the treatment done. c) if it is the first time they have been waxed I do a test pat5ch on their ankle so they know what to expect. After my consultation I ask if they have any questions, usually they dont if you explain everything.

Before the consultation, when they fill out their consultation form I give them a leaflet explaining everything anyway, most men read this, but i always go through it anyway so they get used to you instead of just being dragged into a room and stripped bare! I list on the form their aftercare and a bunch of FAQs. One of the most common that men worry about is getting aroused during treatment.

In answer to jamies worry about the tempreture I always assess the clients sensitivity with a test before I start. I also test the wax on my wrist and then the clients to see if the temp is ok.

I have people traveling from all over the country and charge £75 per treatment. I allow 45 minutes for it and clients always return.

Yes it hurts but if the clients relaxed and confident, and your confident few problems will arise, a good dose of numbing cream helps too!!!

Kate

Hi

I have been doing this procedure for years. I have found it to be mostly men calling off their own backs to get this done, however there are a few women who push their poor partners through the door!

A decent waxer will not do this for pleasure (putting a man through hell in a 'well now they know how we feel' frame of mind!). It is not revenge and we do not wax our inner labia, where we wax the mans scrotum, and penis. Its certainly not the most comfortable treatment for them especially if you are not trained.

The most important thing in any procedure i have found is the consultation. It helps the client relax if they know that a) Yes it will be uncomfortable, but you will allow them a break if they wish or stop altogether and for them not to be embarrased if they cant go through with it, b) I explain the entire procedure and explain that I cover their modesty at all times (its surprising how many men are embarrassed about being completly naked in front of a woman!) I also explain about them relaxing, breathing and not tensing up, stretching the skin, and the aftercare BEFORE they have the treatment done. c) if it is the first time they have been waxed I do a test pat5ch on their ankle so they know what to expect. After my consultation I ask if they have any questions, usually they dont if you explain everything.

Before the consultation, when they fill out their consultation form I give them a leaflet explaining everything anyway, most men read this, but i always go through it anyway so they get used to you instead of just being dragged into a room and stripped bare! I list on the form their aftercare and a bunch of FAQs. One of the most common that men worry about is getting aroused during treatment.

In answer to jamies worry about the tempreture I always assess the clients sensitivity with a test before I start. I also test the wax on my wrist and then the clients to see if the temp is ok.

I have people traveling from all over the country and charge £75 per treatment. I allow 45 minutes for it and clients always return.

Yes it hurts but if the clients relaxed and confident, and your confident few problems will arise, a good dose of numbing cream helps too!!!

Kate
Absolutley fantastic Kate:hug:..despite our outward apearance us guy's are realy sensative creatures and need much TLC:hug:

Ok guy's you would not believe the personel sacrifice im having to make to get this thread opend again...so enjoy ;0))

Would be great if we can keep things informative bla bla bla

Enjoy :hug:

I've removed all of the 'chitchat' replies and tried to keep in as 'on topic' as possible :D

I've removed all of the 'chitchat' replies and tried to keep in as 'on topic' as possible :D

good on ya Sandi and thanks for your kindness in reopening the thread :hug:

even if it did cost me an arm and a leg :eek:

hi wax queen
just interested you say you train in the art of male extreme waxing?

i regularly have this treatment done i think it feel so much nicer than having loads of hair. my wife encourages me to have waxing regularly.

I have made myself available to therapist/classes wishing to teach male waxing on several occassions. Do you use male models for your training
and if so would you be interested if i where to offer my services?

paul

Yes I will need male models when I come there to train in October. You can contact Collin to keep in contact for dates. Thanks!

Yes I will need male models when I come there to train in October.

erm Lori your technique and reputation preceeds you....but erm ....even given those factors it's gonna take a lot more than that for me to be one of the models..especially in front of this lot.:eek:

But then again...maybe if you were to loan me your awsome Harley for a few weeks then we might just have a deal :hug:

Call it what you will, I went through and read this thread to see where y'all are in the male wax world.

(baseball wax: bat, balls, dugout and mound) haha!

I do promote hard wax for face, underarm and bikini/brazilian waxing. I do feel it is more gentle on the skin than soft. HOWEVER, if the skill level is low, the pain is high, regardless of brand, style or temperature. Huberella is one of the most skilled techs out there and uses products in a way that is not in the manufacture directions, thus getting a great result. So both of us have had people come to us and be very pleased with how little we hurt them and we use different styles of wax.

In the states we had raging threads all focued and obsessed with the all mighty ERECTION!!! OH MY G*D, what happens if that occurs! I found when I first got into waxing men, they were more concerned that it may happen than I. I only care that a client comes in when I tell them to, buys the home care and uses it, comes back when I want them, is clean and pays me! Don't care about the erections, they come and they go. It is also what has scared a lot of female technicians to not want to wax men.

Men are great clients, very easy to work on and will generally do what I want them to do. I don't care why anyone wants the hair gone, just that they will pay me. and are clean.

wax on

erm Lori your technique and reputation preceeds you....but erm ....even given those factors it's gonna take a lot more than that for me to be one of the models..especially in front of this lot.:eek:

But then again...maybe if you were to loan me your awsome Harley for a few weeks then we might just have a deal :hug:

Are you man enough to handle my motorcycle?

I do promote hard wax for face, underarm and bikini/brazilian waxing. I do feel it is more gentle on the skin than soft.

I also promote this as well and since doing so my clients have noticed the difference. In fact it was through you that I did and was amazed with the results.

In the states we had raging threads all focued and obsessed with the all mighty ERECTION!!! OH MY G*D, what happens if that occurs! I found when I first got into waxing men, they were more concerned that it may happen than I. I only care that a client comes in when I tell them to, buys the home care and uses it, comes back when I want them, is clean and pays me! Don't care about the erections, they come and they go. It is also what has scared a lot of female technicians to not want to wax men.

You are so right on this, Ive had more queries about " what happens if I get a errection" - it doesnt bother me in the slightest llike you say - they come and go. However you are right it does scare a lot of female techs which is why they dont offer the service.

Men are great clients, very easy to work on and will generally do what I want them to do. I don't care why anyone wants the hair gone, just that they will pay me. and are clean.

I love male clients, they are great , do what you tell them to (most of the time) and come back regulary. What more can a girl want !!!

My all time top 3 waxing treatments are all male

Male Brazilian - BSC
Back & Shoulders
Chest

followed by the female brazilian

if theres hair im there!!!

So glad this thread has been re-opened!

I really want to train in hard wax and inparticular male waxing. I'm on the South Coast just by Portsmouth, so I suppose either Kim or Andy are equally as far from me. I trained in warm waxing not so long ago and my trainer advised us never to do males! She never would and if she ever got a call to do a male, she used to get other girls to do them.

My question is, is do I have to do a hard wax course first before contacting either Kim or Andy, or can I just go to them without doing this?

I'd love to get my husband to be my model, but he's a) a wimp and b) wouldn't let me near him with a wax pot in a million years!

I'm sure there are no other salons (to my knowledge) near me who offer this service and I would have to mega promote this service I think once I have been trained but I want to do it! I think (nay, know!) I would be really good at it and my husband is coming around to the idea that if I want to do something, then he or anyone else isn't going to stop me!

Sarah. xx

To be honest the guys getting an erection is not a worry to me in the slightest.. its usually them that have the problem and often 'will' it to go away. My biggest worry in the beginning was doing the crack!

From a technicians point of view I thought having the client on their arms and knees a particularly exposing position to be in, even more so than the genital area. I usually start doing the front area first then asking the client to flip over and it comes as a shock sometimes how hairy a mans butt can be, and this is my only worry about male waxing... do I ask them to let me check their butts first ... or just go ahead and find out what lies ahead when it comes to the back areas?

What does everyone else do... do you check all areas before comencing the treatment or just get on with it and hope that you made the right choice lol!!

So glad this thread has been re-opened!

I really want to train in hard wax and inparticular male waxing. I'm on the South Coast just by Portsmouth, so I suppose either Kim or Andy are equally as far from me. I trained in warm waxing not so long ago and my trainer advised us never to do males! She never would and if she ever got a call to do a male, she used to get other girls to do them.

My question is, is do I have to do a hard wax course first before contacting either Kim or Andy, or can I just go to them without doing this?

I'd love to get my husband to be my model, but he's a) a wimp and b) wouldn't let me near him with a wax pot in a million years!

I'm sure there are no other salons (to my knowledge) near me who offer this service and I would have to mega promote this service I think once I have been trained but I want to do it! I think (nay, know!) I would be really good at it and my husband is coming around to the idea that if I want to do something, then he or anyone else isn't going to stop me!

Sarah. xx

Im sure if you contact them they will be able to give you more information.

Both andy and kim use soft and hard wax and i know andy does a hard wax course but im not sure about kim so you would have to pm her.

good luck in your venture ive been intimate waxing for many a year now and love it.

Im sure if you contact them they will be able to give you more information.

Both andy and kim use soft and hard wax and i know andy does a hard wax course but im not sure about kim so you would have to pm her.

good luck in your venture ive been intimate waxing for many a year now and love it.

Thanks Tracey, I will tomorrow. xx

Are you man enough to handle my motorcycle?

Absolutley....were both looking to come to the tates next year and do rout 66 trip on Harley's...maybe you want to join us :hug:

Im no waxer but would like to focus on the issue raised here.

From the female tec's viewpoint I guess this must be an issue that they do need to get over and their heads around if they are to be succesful.

However from the males perspective I guess it is imperative that the technician discusses all possabilities with the customer before treatment as to what may come about during the treatment.

The ehem "totem pole effect" can be extreemly embarresing for most guy's in this situation so it is important that you make them fully aware right at the start that this may occur and if so that they should not be worried about it as you certainly wont be .

You will undoubatbly find that both you and your customer are far more at ease in the event this phenonam does occur.

If you approach this in an upfront and professional way both of you will be comfortable and be able to focus clearly on the task itself.

Latest posts

Back