Back to back highlights vs full head bleach

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helenback

Reaction score
Just wondering what other geeks think of this? One of my clients as back to back bleach highlights but i find them a real pain to do, would it not be better just to go for full head bleach? 😃

There is a massive difference between foils and full head, it may not seem it while your stood there for 2 hours weaving but believe me full head can and normally does look cheap after 2-3 weeks, full head foils last ages because you've still hot natural coming through x

Hi I do alot of folis and can do most full heads in 45 min to an hour all woven,sounds like u don't like doing them the more u do the quicker u will be and it won't be as much hassle ,i love doing colour I agree with the last comment too :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Hmm i see what you are saying, do you guys charge extra for back ti backs? got them in in 1.5hours last time but kept having to break off to rinse bits that were already done!! Also which foil placement do you find best for back to backs? Thanks guys x

Are you using 10vol?

What I do is use 3% on back so they lift slowly while I do the rest then if I need to rinse any out before its finished I can get the whole head in foils first with out having to stop half way through. I do back to back for the white blonde look so much better never do full head bleach unless the cut is like a crop or something like that x

Yes i use 3% but as im mobile i have to do top first so i can rinse them off first, makes getting rest in so much more fiddly!

Just do the back, your confusing things to much!

If you do 10vol on back by the time you did that use 20 on sides, it'll all develop together x

Will try that then blue, it is what i normally do with a normal set of highlights was just thinking to be on safe side with it taking so long!! Thanks again x

and if you need to take any out esp when mobile with no back wash, place the foil on top of a towel remove foil, skoosh well with water and gently remove bleach. so much easier than rinsing/

I was tought not to remove bleach with water!! In a seminar at the wella academy i was told water reactivates bleach and foils should be taken off with a vitamin spray or somethig to prevent any further development xx

I was tought not to remove bleach with water!! In a seminar at the wella academy i was told water reactivates bleach and foils should be taken off with a vitamin spray or somethig to prevent any further development xx

So was i , i was told to use ant oxi shampoo with water and spray on xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Thanks all for your replies, just shows we are all still learning even after 25years in the business!!

same 12 yrs of doing this and no problems. lol.

would seriously like to know if this is true, whats the science behind it, i totally get that it will not be the same as shampooing it off, but i doubt anyone taking a client to backwash to remove foils is actually rinsing and shampooing with foils in!

Latest posts

Back