Back to work

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilly

Reaction score
Client just text ne to say hairdresser's can re start in 2 weeks? I can't see any info about this ??

Client just text ne to say hairdresser's can re start in 2 weeks? I can't see any info about this ??

The current guideline for hairdressers, nail salons, beauticians, dentists and those who work in very close proximity, is no earlier than 4th July, but is subject to change depending on infection rates lowering or rising.

Your client has perhaps read an article from the BBC today, which suggests that hairdressers “want” to return to work earlier?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-52819003

Just heard... Government are still saying 4th July, the hair and barber federation are pushing for mid June..... This is obv what the client heard x

I've had a couple of clients asking that. They got confused with non essential shops opening mid June & hadn't thought about the fact that we can't socially distance.

Am i missing something? My local beautician is taking app for next week, my friend has a chiropody (sp ) and a client has just text for an app..... I didn't watch the government speech tonight...... Are we working in the next 2 weeks?

Not that I know of. A few salons have tried pre-empting what the dates will be & offered appointments even though we have no confirmation. I know one local salon that did that in May & I guess had to cancel. Possibly it's a way of keeping clients engaged & building a level of anticipation?

In an industry where we can't social distance and see numerous people per day how can we possibly open!?
I honestly think it could be end of July/August before we can safely reopen.
ANYONE offering hair or beauty/personal care now or in the coming weeks is acting illegally and risks obtaining a heavy fine, not to mention putting health at risk.

Latest posts

Back