Back Wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam28

Reaction score
I did a back wax on my other half two weeks ago (first wax). He's come out in red spots which are grouped together where the main tufts of hair were. The hairs are growing back and are not in the centre of the spots so I've ruled out any infection, they have also come out just over a week since the back wax so dont think its an allergic reaction to the products, I also used a wax for sensitive skin anyway. Could it be impurities coming to the surface as he normally has quite a spotty prone back. Any suggestions welcome and also any advice to quickly get rid of them, I thought perhaps tea-tree to dry them up a bit :|

This happened to my husband when I waxed his back. It can be a problem area due to the back getting sweaty and yes the impurities do come out after waxing.

I also think it doesn't help when they touch the area and i feel this can contribute. I have a few clients who complain of the same on their top lips. They usually touch the area afterwards...even though I tell them not to , and apply make-up etc.

As long as the area is not infected ( yellow pus filled spots) I probably wouldn't worry and just tell them to keep it clean, should clear up in a week or so.

This happened to my husband when I waxed his back. It can be a problem area due to the back getting sweaty and yes the impurities do come out after waxing.

I also think it doesn't help when they touch the area and i feel this can contribute. I have a few clients who complain of the same on their top lips. They usually touch the area afterwards...even though I tell them not to , and apply make-up etc.

As long as the area is not infected ( yellow pus filled spots) I probably wouldn't worry and just tell them to keep it clean, should clear up in a week or so.

Thanks for the info. The majority are just red spots but there are a few "whiteheads", I think I will keep an eye on it. Nice to know I'm not the only one, think he was starting to think I had done it on purpose !! x

This is quite normal after chest and backs waxes but should only really happen the first couple of times and doesn't happen on most clients.

I don't find this happening on my clients and I think it's because I use a hypo-allergenic wax.

Don't worry, it's nothing you've done wrong and tell him to exfilate gently. xxx

Hi hun, i have had the same problem with one of my clients, he looked like he had chicken spots they also did not have white heads just little red pimples and he has had this when he has been waxed with other therapist.xxx

Thanks for your advice guys, it is the first time he's ever had a back wax (prob the last, lol), but nice to see its not that uncommon. Will tell him to exfoliate gently, although its his back so guess who'll be doing it, no doubt !! xx

hi if its his first wax it is quite common, i always tell men to put aloe vera gel on the area after and keep putting it on and it usually helps??

Latest posts

Back