Back waxing - help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanitybeauty1

Reaction score
I haven't done a back wax in a few months and I've got one booked in on Saturday, I know I'm good at waxing but as its been quite a whole I'm a bit nervous.

Does anyone know of any videos on line that can refresh memory at all? I've tried on YouTube and all that comes up is joke or prank videos of men waxing each other lol need a professional one.

I know ill be fine but want to be sure I'm doing using the best techniques that I can x

Sitting up to do tops/caps of shoulder. Lay on front to do from neck down the spine to crack. Sides of back done - hair moves inwards generaly. Apply with direction remove against. Don't know of any videos and YouTube is full of people messing around and screaming and laughing!

I start at the bottom and apply wax about half way (stop before shoulder blade) and only up to the spine. Remove. Same on other side.

Then I do over shoulder blades up to the neck, still on one side. Remove. Same on other side.

Next I do shoulders. And get them to sit up to blend/ for any tricky bits to reach.

It takes me about 15-20 minutes depending on hairyness :)
And I always start on the side furthest away from me. ( not enough room to get all way round the couch)

Hope this helps

Laura xx

I always clear the centre of the back first then work in from the sides of the trunk. When they sit up I do the tops of the shoulders and check if they want to include the hair of the neck, most of my clients do and I use some hot wax for this area. I always include the hair on the top sections of the arms in a back wax and blend to create a more natural finish. Good luck it will all come back to you when you start ..

Jack

My regular gent is the hairiest I have ever seen. I literally do small areas as it grows all over the place. I start at the bottom (literally) and work my way up. I sit him up at the end and do neck and shoulders and 'blend' the tops of the arms so he doesn't have a bald t shirt line!!!

I have done my husbands shoulders and he squeals like a baby, but this chap just sits there throughout, and it is just amazing there is so much hair!!!

Good luck x

I start by applying a strip of hot wax down the centre of the back and then remove to give you an area to work from. I then apply strip wax to one side and reomove and repeat to the other side. Once all the hair is removed I sit them up to do tops of shoulders.

HTH

Nat x

If you look up A whole Ball of Wax on YouTube you'll get a demo of a back wax along with quite a few other areas, sadly the second part has been removed because of the nudity but a useful resource.

The hardest thing I find even as an experienced waxer with someone with dense hair is blending.
You can end up with someone who is very hairy looking very odd,also you don't know where to stop.
I bring out my clippers which will thin the hair out so there will not be so much of a distinctive line and you can also kind of feather your wax into the hairy areas to blend rather than there being a straight line.

After I've removed all my wax I use the strip and press it down over area that need blending. Arms etc. then remove again. It will remove some hairs and not others, without using any more wax. I don't have any problems and my clients are happy with the results :) just do it a few times over or as needed.

Laura xx

Latest posts

Back