Back waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just wondering which wax you all use for male back waxing? Strip or hot wax?

Chloe xx

Hi, I use outback Organics tea tree creme wax, takes the hair out brilliantly with no stickiness.

Strip wax sorry

I'd use a combination of both depending on the hair I'm working on. Strip wax for the finer hairs (sides and majority of the back). Hot peelable wax for the coarser, tougher hairs (neck, very top of the back). :)

Hi everyone,

Just wondering which wax you all use for male back waxing? Strip or hot wax?

Chloe xx

I only wax men and back waxing is one of the most popular body waxing treatments. For most of the back I use a cream strip wax. I find that creamy waxes work much better on male body hair as it often tends to be coarser and much more of it! I use a non strip wax when I wax the the neck/hairline and if clients have been shaving or trimming the hair on the top of the shoulders I would use some non strip wax on here as well.

On my treatment last I offer a few options for a back wax this but I also offer a back wax with non-strip wax. I charge a lot more for this as you will obviously use more product and it will take more time and in all my years of waxing I can probably count on one hand the number of clients who have booked this !

I wax loads of guys and I rarely use hot wax on the back.........but I always use hot wax on their neck.

It's become very 'good wax' (hot) and 'bad wax' (strip) which is a shame. Strip wax is amazing but only on less sensitive body parts and on finer hair. When you wax men, you'll find that you use mainly strip wax whereas when you wax woman you use mainly hot wax. This os mainly because the body parts that they have waxed vary.

It you want to offer hot wax as an option, keep in mind that it will cost you a hell of a lot more and it will take you much longer too so have the two prices on your list. Most salons charge from 60% to 100% more for using just hot wax. So from a business point of view, strip wax for a back is the best option for cost and speed.

Latest posts

Back