backache!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nails At The Hat Hire Company

Reaction score
hi, had a marathon week in the salon...but suffering.....backache!!!!
i'm only using a standard office chair have looked at afew in trade brochures but they range from 50-500 pounds...how am i supposed to make a choice...so i guessed the best place to come was to the geek site where lots of my 'freinds' probably have tried and tested them....so what do you all use/recommend/tell me to steer well clear of!!!
cheers

hi jen i will tell you what you could steer well clear of :shock: my round dining room table and wrought iron backed chairs :D
im much in the same position as you hun im after a reasonably priced nail station and chair so any advice would be much appreciated! (sorry to jump on your wagon jen! ;) )
nickki jonesx

Usually an office chair (modified for the salon usually colourwise) is an excellent choice as they are meant for people who SIT all day and need good back support!

The problem may not be your chair but rather the height of your chair, or how you are actually sitting in your chair that is the problem.

height: when your arms are bent at the elbow at a 90degree angle, your forearms should be resting on the desk. If they are not --- your chair is too high or too low.

position: bum well back in the chair with your back against the back of the chair and the chair pulled well up to the desk.

This is probably what you are not doing. Your back should be straight and you should not be in a hunched position. If you can't see your work unless hunched over it, then get some magnifying glasses from the chemist and bring your work closer to you that way.

It really is important. the most expensive chair in the world will not improve your posture unless you sit in it correctly.

I was interested in the saddle stools featured in the August issue of nails. Has anyone tried them?
Are they any good?

I've got a bad back - so have to watch how i sit.

yep, i've bit the bullet and ordered one in lilac (to match my salon)
so i'll keep you all posted and let you know. i have a bad back daily so we will see.

How true what Geeg says !! My husband works 'with' computers all day and used to have a nightmare time getting to sleep (back pain I mean!!). He went to try out a number of other chairs at Staples, to find out that the one he had was plenty good enough. As a result he paid a visit to .......... the instructions that came with it! .......... and all was well. He seemed to think that all the little wheels and handles were there for show but if you set it all up correctly and make sure (most important) that it is at the correct height then even the most modest office chair is fine. :)

I have a back ache that I am under the hospital for but with a little break between every client I cope ok but a new chair will be on my agenda asap, not because of my back but because its PLASTIC, and in this heat its soooooo nice, NOT

Hi girls!!

I use a saddle stool! Bought it last year. It is very good and confortable..... once you have read the instructions and set it up properly!! :rofl: The rule of thumb is that if you are in any pain, then you are not sitting properly! :shock: But once you get used to it, it is actually very confortable!
Oh.... and there will be parts of your anatomy that will be a bit tender for a little while .... until they get used to the saddle!! :rofl: :rofl:

..now i cant wait for mine to be delivered. used to have two horses so should get used to 'saddle' touching parts!!! have much more cushioning these days too!!! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back