Backfill colour change with glitter

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annemarie

CND Grand Master tech
Reaction score
If a client has a set of glitter tips on and wanted a color change when coming in for a backfill etc, how would I be able to do this without soaking the nails off and starting again? I know I could file most of the old product away over tips and then re-apply but what if it was sculpted glitter tips? Iygwim. How could I do it then? Thanks

I would remove the glitter tip back to where I want the new smile line. Apply a form and sculpt the new tip, then continue as per normal re-balance. You could always thin out the tip and place on top (depending on colours used). Hth

Thanks for your reply.:biggrin: I get what you mean, but if the sculpted tip is made with mixed glitter acrylic, would the old colour not show through on the underside of the free edge?

i would use a clear or natural tip underneath the glitter then when rebalancing take it right back to the tip, or if sculpting do a very thin layer of clear acrylic as a base then ur glitter over the top, and again when rebalancing you can take it right back to the clear.

yeah i find that if you change the colour without taking away all the original tip then it does normaly show through

Thanks.:biggrin: will try that.

Latest posts

Back