Backfill?! I Just wanted to cry! : (

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaurenSparkles

Reaction score
Help please!!!!

I am currently trying to build up my portfolio for my NSI L&P Exam.

Last night i did my first set of backfills on french.

I filed, and filed and filed and the nails looked thin enough so i prepped and started with my rebalnce.

Whites seemed ok but zone 2 there was two problems : (

1)you could still see the old product
2)the old product underneath also seemed to look really yellow.

I was there an hr and hf, i was absolutly gutted! luckly she was my frind and I asked if i could paint them so they looked nicer.

therefore defeating the whole process!

I couldnt sleep thinking about it and now im thinking should I even be attempting to become a nail tech.

I didnt charge her but to be honest if it was me i wouldnt pay me either.

I didnt take a pic because i was too devastated.

Please please please help!

I have another set to do next week and im dreading it!
x

If the old product was yellowing then it's likely the client has done something to cause this ie fake tanning. However this should come off when you file.

As for seeing the old product do you mean you could see where the old product ended and where the new product started? Zone 3? This would suggest that you need to blend a little more so that line disappears.

Don't be too hard on yourself, it takes a hell of a lot of practise and it is a huge learning curve, just keep at it hun :)

I would suggest that you start charging, even if you're just covering your costs. If you continue to not charge then you'll run out of product and not have the funds to replace them. Something I learnt the hard way.
Rhiannon x

Aww thank you.
Yes it was where zone 2 & 3 met. More filing *sign*, jees backfills seems like the most painstaking and drawn out process ever!

hopefully I will be better next time. xxx

Aww thank you.
Yes it was where zone 2 & 3 met. More filing *sign*, jees backfills seems like the most painstaking and drawn out process ever!

hopefully I will be better next time. xxx

You're welcome, I know how frustrating it is so don't give up!

When blending that line try filling on top of the l&p but not on top of the line. Any lifting will then easily come off and it'll be easier to blend. Hope that makes sense?!?

When doing the backfill bit just concentrate on getting the new smile line in place ready for the new white l&p.

It really is just practice sweetie, you'll get there. Take a look at the tutorials section, the lovely Gigi Rouse (geeg) has done some excellent tutorials on file control :)

I hope that helps.
Rhiannon x

Latest posts

Back