Backscratchers!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkies!

Reaction score
Did anyone else order a free trial kit of Backscratchers Extreme (ad in Nails mag)? Mine arrived today so I have just been trying out, it is so easy to use, nice & thin but seems strong too!

I wouldn't really have it as my main/preferred method of enhancements as I don't use tips, I sculpt permanent french but I would be interested to find out how it holds up for natural nail overlays/wraps??

Also I know some people use it over tips for "party nails" but do they then become not temporary?? (bad English I know!)

Thanks Geeks x

I think Backscratchers would be somewhat offended to have the Extreme System referred to as "Party Nails". They are not meant to be temporary nails, the system is strong and durable. My experience of the system is that it is best suited to customers who like their nails on the shorter side.

I have a number of customers who get on better with these than fibreglass or silk. It is an easy system to use which can be infilled time after time.

Yeah that is what I meant, they seem strong but I know some people do use it over tips as a temporary enhancement but surely this would make them permanent (?)

How do you find it as an overlay Glynis?

Thanks

I sent off for one too, mainly out of curiosity, but I have to wait till I'm over in the UK again as I had to have it sent to my mum's address!

Jackie
Liberty Nail Design
Dublin

Not bad as an overlay system on natural nails. The main advantage of the system is that it is very quick to apply and, done properly, requires very little buffing and gives a very clear finish. The one problem I have found is that no matter how often I clean my brush between applications, it always gets bunged up and I have a few bottles that I can't open! Mind you, its obviously me because I find this with every brush on resin I try!! Never got to the bottom of a bottle yet :confused:

I know of one local "Backscratchers" salon that only use this system.

Not quite sure why they would be used as a "temporary" measure they are certainly not meant to be.

I ordered trial kit and have tried it on myself over tips. Wasn't quite sure before I applyed them just how strong they would be, but have to say have been very impressed. In fact that impressed would't mind doing training in this system. Will you be using it Pinkies?
Jane.

Hi Jane,

I've got it on at the mo as a natural nail overlay & as long as it holds up okay the def yes! But I was wondering if I would have to do the training or whether we could just re order?

Hi Pinkies,yes you have to do the training before you can re-order. Which is a bit of a pain, but at least it shows us what a reputable company backscratchers are and are comitted to sell their products not just willy-nilly to any joe bloggs! I'm going to do 1-on-1 training, just for convenience realy.If you decide to do it let me know how you get on, I've got my training next week,so I'll let you know how it goes.
Jane.

Hiya,

I've got a few more Q's about this product...

Does it not lift as they advise you not to use any nail preps or dehydrators? they did send a bottle of hand/nail wash but surely then the nails would absorb water before application?

Is it any good for natural nail repairs, ie holding a spilt until it grows out? And if you are just doing one nail how long to you have to wait between each step?

Any tips for getting a crystal clear finish every time?

Thanks Geeks!

Pinkies! said:
Also I know some people use it over tips for "party nails" but do they then become not temporary??

In school here in the US, they taught us that "Party Nails" are tips with resin but without the silk or fibreglass. Adding the silk or fibreglass makes them stronger & are thought of as more permanent.

Carrie in NE

Pinkies! said:
Hiya,

Does it not lift as they advise you not to use any nail preps or dehydrators? they did send a bottle of hand/nail wash but surely then the nails would absorb water before application?

Is it any good for natural nail repairs, ie holding a spilt until it grows out? And if you are just doing one nail how long to you have to wait between each step?

Thanks Geeks!
Anyone?

Pinkies! said:
Hiya,

Thanks Geeks!

Hi

I have used it with both my scub fresh and also with there hand wash. To be honest it doesnt lift with either. Provided you leave a free margin. Some products you can use water before eg. biosculpture: when you soak a set off you then soak the nails for about 3 mins to remove any soak off left in the nails.

All in all i have found it a very good system very strong. Carnt help you with the natural overlay ? as i use biosculpture for those as i find it really flexible and so easy to remove.
HTH a little if you want to know anything else pm me no problem.

I tried my kit out today on a nail that I caught on the microwave - ouch! I must admit, I was a little sceptical at first but now that it's done I'm quite impressed with the result. I'm going to see how it holds up with the strength and lifting and just may consider taking the training so I can offer another system to my clients. Particularly pleased with the lack of odour - my other half and his asthma will appreciate this!

Anyone else got results from their test kits?

Ok....... I've been brave and added a couple of pictures, this extension was in it's 'raw' state, just applied and shaped, not buffed to a high shine and no white tip, so don't expect miracles!

Attachments

• backscratchers 1.JPG
    backscratchers 1.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 339
  • backscratchers 2.JPG
    backscratchers 2.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 251
Meant to ask.......

Does anyone here use 'Backscratchers Extreme' as their main system, and if so, what are your comments on it, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back