Backwash nightmare!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shellarrow

Reaction score
:irked:HI GEEKS
my new salon has been open for 3 weeks everything is great apart from one BIG problem,
i brought my backwash units as a pair, they are a fiberglass unit with the chair attached with bowl inset quiet normal one would think...
although i have noticed this week that huge CRACKS have appeared on the base unit all over it,
so i dare not use it so im down to one back wash.
Ive emailed the suppier who asked me to take photos and send them on which i have done,
he has emailed me back saying he has never had a problem before and that we should not of screwed them to the floor because they are free standing,so hes passing the book!! :cry:
so geeks does any one have a free standing backwash!!
or one with a fibreglass base!!
surly a free standing backwash would move to much when seating a client, which would then move the pipe work!!
not to sure what to do now,
any suggestions!!!

shell beaux cheveux:hug:

Hey Hun,

I would definately not accept this, they are not fit for the purpose they have been bought for. Do you not have some kind of warranty or guarantee with them?

I would contact he supplier again and take this further.

Hope you get it sorted x

hi there,
your so right there not fit for purpose, its so stressfull....
i do have warrenty but they wont listen to me,

A visit to the consumer advice/citizens advice people should help. They'll give you the proper advice to help you and often take on dealing with the comany. Once they get involved companies usually collapse and are only too happy to help!

A visit to the consumer advice/citizens advice people should help. They'll give you the proper advice to help you and often take on dealing with the comany. Once they get involved companies usually collapse and are only too happy to help!

I agree.

Does it state you can't screw them to the floor ? Definetley get some expert advice as im really not sure where you would stand on this as if you have had to put screws in them when they are not needed then I guess this would be why the cracking has appeared.

Also I always find it better to speak to people over the phone via than email as it saves a lot of time and can usually be sorted out much quicker.

From his point of view if I can see why the screws might be an issue as if it is sold as freestanding then there would be no need for them ?

I work in a hair salon so i will ask them tomorrow and see what they say :hug:

I have fibreglass freestanding backwashes...... I have also only just got them about three weeks ago and was surprised there were no holes to screw them down so i didn't. So have you drilled holes in them or made some other modification to allow you to screw them down - If you have then you may struggle to make a defined claim as it would be difficult to prove it is the suppliers fault. If this is the case i would suggest a bit of humble pie, claim that they are partly at fault for not advising you to screw them down and so will they supply a new base at maximum of cost price.

However if ther are holes that woudl suggest they should be screwed down and therefore supplier doesn't have a leg to stand on and should replace the backwash as it is not of merchantable quality and you will sue him for replacement.

hi guys, thanks for your comments, and yes there was holes in the base we never questioned that screwing them woud be a problem, we have not created new holes... i shall call them again tomorrow and il keep you all posted x:hug:

Latest posts

Back