Bad batch of Prestige hair extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joannesherrell

Reaction score
After training with Belle Academy who endorse Glamorous Lengths and ditching Them due to experiences of their quality being terrible, I recently had a client who matched with a shade 1B and as the black shades are more or less the same from company to company, I took it as my opportunity to give Prestige a go without having to purchase their colour ring!! (Definitely something I recommend newbies do btw if you are looking to try out different hair brands at low risk!)

Now I've heard so many great things about Prestige and my client is also in the hair and beauty industry so I can tell is very particular about following the correct aftercare, but after less than a month she is telling me that her Prestige Russian Standard (Indian) hair is going dry? I've never heard this before, every review I have read has said that Prestige's Indian hair often lasts longer than 6 months?!

I'm going to take a look next week once I am off my holiday but just a bit concerned that it is spoiling after just a few weeks after fitting. Does anyone have any experiences of bad hair from Prestige? I have only recently completed my price list which is majoritively from Prestige as I was under the impression both their Indian and Russian/ Mongolian hair is of great quality???

Firstly I will say bad batches can happen. Once once of our stylist (an extensionist) got some extensions. being and extensionist, she was using the correct aftercare. I won't name the company as I don't agree with naming and shaming but when we contacted them about going dry and fluffy in the same day the rep belittled the stylist and made her cry. I've found over the years extensions aren't always consistent. What I can best advise is document everything that has happened to the letter. Because extensions can be so variable, some companies can get defensive or try to shift the blame onto you. This isn't ways the case but better to be save then sorry.

After training with Belle Academy who endorse Glamorous Lengths and ditching Them due to experiences of their quality being terrible, I recently had a client who matched with a shade 1B and as the black shades are more or less the same from company to company, I took it as my opportunity to give Prestige a go without having to purchase their colour ring!! (Definitely something I recommend newbies do btw if you are looking to try out different hair brands at low risk!)

Now I've heard so many great things about Prestige and my client is also in the hair and beauty industry so I can tell is very particular about following the correct aftercare, but after less than a month she is telling me that her Prestige Russian Standard (Indian) hair is going dry? I've never heard this before, every review I have read has said that Prestige's Indian hair often lasts longer than 6 months?!

I'm going to take a look next week once I am off my holiday but just a bit concerned that it is spoiling after just a few weeks after fitting. Does anyone have any experiences of bad hair from Prestige? I have only recently completed my price list which is majoritively from Prestige as I was under the impression both their Indian and Russian/ Mongolian hair is of great quality???

email them the hair is guaranteed for 90 days

Last edited:
Normal procedure is to contact the supplier before openly posting all over forums, let alone before you've even seen the hair for yourself. Although we all believe people "in the industry" take better care of the extensions, I actually find the opposite as a lot of hairdressers think they know best and will do what they want regardless of your aftercare advice! So I'd take what she's saying with a pinch of salt and wait until you see the hair yourself.

Secondly, their "Russian Standard" hair is actually European, not indian. And it just so happens that the "Russian Standard" is slowly being transitioned to all be made with Russian/Mongolian hair. Once that's done they will simply have a single drawn range and a double drawn range, all created with the same quality hair.

Regarding quality issues, I've been using them for nearly two years and I think I had one or two quality issues about 12/18 months ago. And even then, they've always gone above and beyond to help me out.. so I would personally recommend contacting them first [emoji18]

I was having trouble with my usual company and had to find an emergency company back in march now all my clients coming back for maintenance they were all fitted with the prestige Russian but it isn't up to my standards without me prompting they have all said it's not the same as they are used to

Last edited:
I was having trouble with my usual company and had to find an emergency company back in march now all my clients coming back for maintenance they were all fitted with the prestige Russian but it isn't up to my standards without me prompting they have all said it's not the same as they are used to ,soI'm afraid I won't be using again I'm disappointed [emoji17]
Who do you usually use?

All companies will get bad batches.

Agree it's what the company does to resolve it

Latest posts

Back