bad day

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i do :oops: . just wondering what do guys say to clients when u do a bad job. do u just let them go and say nothing and hope they dont look at their hands for 2 weeks. :shock:

bumbula

Reaction score
Just thought I'd share with you the fact that I just did the worst p/w fill of my life.....im devastated :hit:
my poor client, I felt sorry for her :(
does any1 else have days like that??

I am still really new so I have LOTS of days like that. If I've already spent a long time with them, I'll give them a free polish,(coat of, not the bottle :D ) or I'll say in my most professional voice. 'I'm honestly not 100% happy with the final finish, let me come back in a couple of days & I'll see what I can do.' Not the best solution, which would obviously be to never make mistakes, but I find if I'm honest, they'll be just fine & very happy that I am honest. I still charge for the treatment, just not the repair job I'll have to do!
:oops:

When I 1st started with nails, I was the PITTS! My natural services were good, but my acrylic services were terrible!! To make up for it, I gave great massages, free bottle of polish (only cost me $1.00 back then - 1986) served coffee & danish or tea & cookies. Massged everyone aevry service for a good 10 - 15 minutes. Walked them to their cars, carried their stuff for them to the car too, even opened the door so they wouldn't mess up their nails!!! I knew I could only keep them coming via my pampering because my nails looked like 2 chicklets stacked on each other! :D Most of them stuck it out with me. It was a good 6 months before I was 1/2 way good. that ole' 100 set rule has some truth to it. Keep your chin up!!!!! Keep practicing, watch videos & find a mentor if you can.
Blessings!

Thanx for the vote of confidence...still cant believe i messed up like that.
You would expect them if I was learning but I've been doing this for over a year now, must have had other things on my mind.
As for the client, who knows if she will show up again :( I charged her only for the fill, no repairs and gave her a pinky bottle of polish....

Ciao 4 now
Jane

Bumbula, was your client dissatisfied with them or was it that they didn't come quite up to your expectations?

Adele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back