Bad Day!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angela1

Reaction score
Hiya guys i poste a thread the other day bout the acrylics id done lifting cheers to everyone for their advice ,

i opened a small beauty room in a salon last tuesday done a set of tip and overlay on friday for a new client that was trying me for the first time,well she called me today and said they were lifting at the cuticle :cry: she wasn't happy which i dont blame her!! this as u can imagine has seriously knocked my confidence and prob my business aswell,i offered to put another set on for her which she declined saying sge would rather have them off and a manicure, i know these problems are going to arise,

as i said in my last thread i was never trained to remove the cuticle during prep so im going to start doing that!
this may be a lot to ask but can anyone talkme through their prep procedure id be very grateful.

thanks angela xx

i think there are 2 types of prep...wet and dry...(Creative teach wet and Ez flow teach dry)...the wet being cuticle remover...

Creative prep (wet) is done how you read on the link to perfect preparation the other day...

Dry prep is the same but without cuticle remover...instead a pushee (or similar) is used to remove the non living skin from the nail plate...pay attention to not just the cuticle are but the side walls.

Removing the non living skin is just 1 part of prep....

others are again as in that link you read...removing shine...using a product such as scrubfresh that temporally dehydrates the nail/removes any oils.

Once prep is done they have to stay that way....no good removing dust with your fingers...or clients running them through there hair after all that work has been done.

Hope this helps x

i did read the nail prep link ,i got salon systems cuticle remover today ,i use nsi do you think it would do any harm to remove the cuticle as an extra precaution as i said before it was dry prep they trained me with,im really sorry to bombard you with all these questions!

this site is fantastic its like a lifeline!

Don't fret you'll get it!! knowledge is power!!

I don't understand dry prep, couldn't that cause ripping or damage? I mean, I have clients that have severe overgrowth..

from what you have said it wasn't a dry prep they trained you with...it was just "pushing back the cuticle" (actually the eponychium)....dry prep is still removing the non living skin (cuticle) from the nail plate.

if you do a wet prep...(using cuticle remover) then you must ensure to remove that cuticle remover afterwards or you will get lifting....getting clients to wash there hands to remove it will work as will water and citrus soak (creative)

with a severe build up then i would always use remover...but if clients are regular and visit every 3-4 weeks then they shouldn't be getting such a build up and i find a dry prep perfectly suitable.

ez flow prep is...

1.Gently push back the cuticle using the spoon end of the Pro Pusher.
2.Remove the non living tissue carefully from the nail plate – using the knife remover end of the Pro Pusher.
3.Remove shine from the nail plate using a sanitizable 180-grit Grey Fox Pro File
4.Remove the dust and dead skin from the surface of the nail using a sanitised manicure brush or a lint free wipe.

ive managed to get my friend to come and let me practise on her on thursday so hopefully il come up with a solution, to be honest im looking at every factor here and not going to rule out anything,it could be my application possibly too thick at cuticle or too close i dont know back to the drawing board i think!
is there any reason why not alot of people in here use nsi,and most use creative or ezflow?

thanks angela xxx

i think there are alot of NSI geeks here...i guess Creative and Ez flow are very popular due to there reputation....dont think about giving up on NSI just yet...with a bit of tweaking i am sure you will be getting better results x

I truly hope so,ive put my heart and soul into this business and i dont want it to fall flat. im just a bit gutted because i got a complaint!

well thats your first one over with then.....:lol: Positive thinking chick...you'll get there.

Its great that you are improving your techniques and asking for advice, thats the best way to perfect your nails, but I have to say that sometimes you do get those clients who just dont get on with nail extensions. Its just unlucky that you have found one in the first week.

Most clients would jump at the chance to get a free set put on, even if they were not happy the first time, but from what I have experienced, she may be a better manicure client.

At least now though you will have this experience behind you, so dont let it knock your confidence. You now know something that will make you better!

yeah i know i should learn from this! i hope no-one minds me asking all these questions!
i just feel now im on my own in the big bad nail world! lol

thats what we are here for....no-one minds. xx

I use NSI at college.

We push back the cuticle with the pusher removing the cuticle of the nail plate at the same time.

Then it is remove the shine with a 180 grit file paying attention to the cuticle area and the side walls.

Then it is nail pure, allow to dry to a chalky white.

Then primer.

Than apply product.

I do one hand at a time, making sure that the client does not contaminate the nails.

Hope this helps. My clients have not had lifting and I haven't on myself either, but with my auntie on monday I did use cuticle vanish cream and I pushed the cuticle that was on the nail plate away while the cream was on. She didn't wash her hands after this, I just wiped it and then took shine off etc, so will be interesting to see if they lift or not.

I use NSI at college.

We push back the cuticle with the pusher removing the cuticle of the nail plate at the same time.

Then it is remove the shine with a 180 grit file paying attention to the cuticle area and the side walls.

Then it is nail pure, allow to dry to a chalky white.

Then primer.

Than apply product.

I do one hand at a time, making sure that the client does not contaminate the nails.

Hope this helps. My clients have not had lifting and I haven't on myself either, but with my auntie on monday I did use cuticle vanish cream and I pushed the cuticle that was on the nail plate away while the cream was on. She didn't wash her hands after this, I just wiped it and then took shine off etc, so will be interesting to see if they lift or not.
this is what we were told and i passed with nabs....we were also told never to wash our hands as some water (drops) can stay on your nail plate and you would have to start nail prep again xxx

Latest posts

Back