Bad Elleebana lash lift results

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beachy Waves

Reaction score
I had a client in today and had a mare with her lash lift. I only recently qualified and although I used salon services products when I trained, it was recommended to use Elleebana as they had been reported as equivalent to LVL.
The trainer had told us to use a small rod on short to medium lashes and a medium rod for medium to long lashes to give a better curl.
The client had medium length lashes so I went with a small rod but they bent up at a 90 degree angle and she was not happy and said they looked like pubes! [emoji50]
Also, when I had patch tested her she had no reaction but when I was performing the last bit of the treatment she said it was stinging.
I hadn’t been trained how to deal with the lashes if they got too curly, so had to look up how to relax them on You Tube and follow advice from there.
They did look a bit better but the left one was still more bent than the right one.

We tried using water on them (which is discouraged as part of normal aftercare, but obviously as we wanted to undo the effect was something we went with) It didn’t seem to have much of an effect though.

Any advice. She text me later and said it was sore. I feel so bad [emoji22]

The lift I did in training went well and the only other one I’ve done was on my Mum who also complained of the product stinging during the treatment, and one of her lids was a little red and swollen afterwards but the lift itself was good and her eye settled well afterwards.

This one was just a disaster and has knocked my confidence. All the timings were right - all I can think is that I should have used the medium rod.
Also, we were told not to be too concerned about the rod not following the lash line completely at the top due to the differing eye shapes but now I’m wondering...

Any advice would be great
334964f34d8415bd683ace87b55fcba5.jpg

Where did you apply the product? It should go from the bottom, as close to the lash line as you can get it without touching it, and up to around half way up bit not over the ends. This looks like maybe the solution was brought to far up? Also the rod should be as close to the lash line as possible

Attachments

• IMG_20180919_084159_617.jpg
    IMG_20180919_084159_617.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 276
Also, I'm not familiar with ellebana but if seen a lot of people complaining there lifts turn out like yours. I think he sure it's stronger than most brands people are over processing them. Maybe you left solutions on to long?

c5899654fa1cfbe639b34363cffdbf31.jpg

This is where the lash rod was on the lift I did for my Mum and her lashes were way shorter than the clients today, but it worked out well on my Mums.

I felt like there was a dip in my clients lashes before they met the rod, so it clearly wasn’t close enough, and I struggled to get her lashes on without overlapping.

Looking back I think I can see what I did wrong but am mortified that I didn’t correct the errors along the way and they’ve lead to a client being unhappy [emoji17]

The processing time says 10 mins for perm solution and 10 mins for setting solution plus 5 mins for tint, then wipe off with water.

Does anyone who uses Elleebana know a sweet spot for the timings? I don’t want to ‘practice’ on paying clients.

Also- did anyone get training in how to reverse an error like this on their original course as we didn’t.

That sounds like a very long time for ellebana but like I say I'm not familiar with it.
I think the solution may have been touching the waterline as it's turned up, this would explain the stinging. You shouldn't be able to see the waterline.
It's tricky at first so keep practising on friends until you are confident.

Buy yourself a Y comb, they help so much with separation and will stop the lashes crossing over when you stick them down

I have never tried rods for lash lift just shields but I find the shields a bit difficult sometimes are rods better? Thanks

c5899654fa1cfbe639b34363cffdbf31.jpg

This is where the lash rod was on the lift I did for my Mum and her lashes were way shorter than the clients today, but it worked out well on my Mums.

I felt like there was a dip in my clients lashes before they met the rod, so it clearly wasn’t close enough, and I struggled to get her lashes on without overlapping.

Looking back I think I can see what I did wrong but am mortified that I didn’t correct the errors along the way and they’ve lead to a client being unhappy [emoji17]

The processing time says 10 mins for perm solution and 10 mins for setting solution plus 5 mins for tint, then wipe off with water.

Does anyone who uses Elleebana know a sweet spot for the timings? I don’t want to ‘practice’ on paying clients.

Also- did anyone get training in how to reverse an error like this on their original course as we didn’t.
I use Elleebana and would only ever leave 1st solution on max 7.5mins and 2nd solution 5mins and that's for thick lashes. Its really strong. You should go back to the solution you trained with and have got a good result with it's safer! [emoji2]

I was trained in Ellebana and was told 6 mins perm, 6 mins set and then 2-5 mins tint.
x

Thanks fifisbeauty- that’s great. I’ll try those timings.

I was trained in Ellebana and was told 6 mins perm, 6 mins set and then 2-5 mins tint.
x

I used lase base then salon services and was told 12, 8 and 8. Now trying lash bomb as that’s less time.

I now do a maximum of 6/5 for Elleebana on normal lashes. If they are fine I do 5/4. If they are fine and sparse I even go down to 4/3! They have all lifted and I’ve done lots. Ensure each step is removed with damp cotton buds and throughly rinse at the end.

I’m convinced Elleebana has got stronger but they say it hasn’t changed x

I now do a maximum of 6/5 for Elleebana on normal lashes. If they are fine I do 5/4. If they are fine and sparse I even go down to 4/3! They have all lifted and I’ve done lots. Ensure each step is removed with damp cotton buds and throughly rinse at the end.

I’m convinced Elleebana has got stronger but they say it hasn’t changed x
Would you ever stretch to 7mins if they were thick and really straight?

Would you ever stretch to 7mins if they were thick and really straight?

I personally find that they all lift on 6/5, even on really downward lashes! I’m much more cautious with the product now, as it is easy to over process. I make sure the product is really close to lash line, to really get that lift at the root x

I had a client in today and had a mare with her lash lift. I only recently qualified and although I used salon services products when I trained, it was recommended to use Elleebana as they had been reported as equivalent to LVL.
The trainer had told us to use a small rod on short to medium lashes and a medium rod for medium to long lashes to give a better curl.
The client had medium length lashes so I went with a small rod but they bent up at a 90 degree angle and she was not happy and said they looked like pubes! [emoji50]
Also, when I had patch tested her she had no reaction but when I was performing the last bit of the treatment she said it was stinging.
I hadn’t been trained how to deal with the lashes if they got too curly, so had to look up how to relax them on You Tube and follow advice from there.
They did look a bit better but the left one was still more bent than the right one.

We tried using water on them (which is discouraged as part of normal aftercare, but obviously as we wanted to undo the effect was something we went with) It didn’t seem to have much of an effect though.

Any advice. She text me later and said it was sore. I feel so bad [emoji22]

The lift I did in training went well and the only other one I’ve done was on my Mum who also complained of the product stinging during the treatment, and one of her lids was a little red and swollen afterwards but the lift itself was good and her eye settled well afterwards.

This one was just a disaster and has knocked my confidence. All the timings were right - all I can think is that I should have used the medium rod.
Also, we were told not to be too concerned about the rod not following the lash line completely at the top due to the differing eye shapes but now I’m wondering...

Any advice would be great
334964f34d8415bd683ace87b55fcba5.jpg
I know this was a little while ago but I wanted to comment. I have recently stopped using Ellebanna and switched over because A few clients were complaining that there eye was "itchy" during the process and because the grow out, a few weeks after the lift was horrendous and ugly (lashes going all different ways some straight some curled). I thought maybe I was over processing so I cut my time down which wasn't the problem so then I thought maybe I wasn't cleansing the lashes enough and I really made sure I did that and that wasn't the problem. I've talked to several other girls that have switched from Elleebanna and they had the same problems. The lifting solution is supposed to stay on a minimum of 6 minutes to up to a max of 10 minutes depending on the strength of the lashes and first time clients is recommended for 6 minutes, I always do 6 minutes on my first timers. And the setting solution is only 5 minutes. I don't think it was you, I don't think Elleebanna is an amazing product. Don't beat yourself up, it happens when you just begin! If you're not sure, always process for a shorter amount of time. Good luck!

I know this was a little while ago but I wanted to comment. I have recently stopped using Ellebanna and switched over because A few clients were complaining that there eye was "itchy" during the process and because the grow out, a few weeks after the lift was horrendous and ugly (lashes going all different ways some straight some curled). I thought maybe I was over processing so I cut my time down which wasn't the problem so then I thought maybe I wasn't cleansing the lashes enough and I really made sure I did that and that wasn't the problem. I've talked to several other girls that have switched from Elleebanna and they had the same problems. The lifting solution is supposed to stay on a minimum of 6 minutes to up to a max of 10 minutes depending on the strength of the lashes and first time clients is recommended for 6 minutes, I always do 6 minutes on my first timers. And the setting solution is only 5 minutes. I don't think it was you, I don't think Elleebanna is an amazing product. Don't beat yourself up, it happens when you just begin! If you're not sure, always process for a shorter amount of time. Good luck!
[/QUOT

Hi I was wondering if you could tell me what you switched to and what are the timings you use on the lotions now?

Hi I was wondering if you could tell me what you switched to and what are the timings you use on the lotions now?

Unfortunately, the poster you’ve quoted hasn't logged into Salon Geek since last year, so may or may not respond.

Latest posts

Back