Bad experiences with training academies

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kelly727

Reaction score
Hello fellow salon geeks,

I have a Level 3 in Beauty therapy along with over 10 years industry experience. I have worked mobile for many years and decided to upskill so that I can offer a bigger variety of treatments.

Over the last year I have trained with 3 different “academy’s”. I have never been totally satisfied with the training received at each one of the academies and felt let down and ripped off. Poor course content, unqualified trainer, inexperienced trainer, poor facilities with regards to equipment and materials, questions asked and not properly answered, leaving the course not been confident due to all of the above, the list is very long.

I’ve spoke with other friends in the trade who have had similar experiences and share the same feelings with the same training facilities. I’m curious if anyone else has had similar experiences with other academy’s. Two of the academy’s that I’ve been to don’t allow any negative feedback on their social media so people can’t get the full picture of what they’re really like.

Have you had a bad experience and who was it with.....

Hello fellow salon geeks,

I have a Level 3 in Beauty therapy along with over 10 years industry experience. I have worked mobile for many years and decided to upskill so that I can offer a bigger variety of treatments.

Over the last year I have trained with 3 different “academy’s”. I have never been totally satisfied with the training received at each one of the academies and felt let down and ripped off. Poor course content, unqualified trainer, inexperienced trainer, poor facilities with regards to equipment and materials, questions asked and not properly answered, leaving the course not been confident due to all of the above, the list is very long.

I’ve spoke with other friends in the trade who have had similar experiences and share the same feelings with the same training facilities. I’m curious if anyone else has had similar experiences with other academy’s. Two of the academy’s that I’ve been to don’t allow any negative feedback on their social media so people can’t get the full picture of what they’re really like.

Have you had a bad experience and who was it with.....

I’m sorry but we do not allow the naming and shaming of companies or individuals on the Salon Geek website, so I am having to close this thread.

Anyone who has issues should please direct these to the academies or training providers. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back