Bad hair extensions advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laylaxxx123

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Just after a bit of advice
I had nano ring luxury hair fitted was told the hair would last 9-12 months.
The extentionist told me the hair was from glamourous lengths.

After 2 weeks I messaged her to let her know that some had fallen out she assured me this was normal and will put them back in on my maintenance appointment.

I had no after care from her apart from her telling me to wear the hair In pig tails at night and keep straighteners away from the bonds.

6 weeks I messaged her I was not happy any longer I knew something was not right if I went in a bath not even washed my hair the heat from the bath made the bonds really sticky.
Over half had fallen out and the shedding was bad.
I was getting nowhere with her so decided on a second opinion of another extentionist.
She was shocked how bad they were and the quality of the hair In her opinion was very very poor.
So I had them taken out.
I had new hair from the new extentionist put in and my god what a complete difference I have had them in 3 months so far and they are amazing just like the first day they were first put in.
No stickiness no pins left in my hair I have not lost any. And when i brush loads of hair does not come out.

I have been trying to get some resolution with the old extentionist she has had the hair back and sent it off to her suppliers.
But now she has blocked my calls
She told me her supplier does not accept refunds after 14days
So there is nothing she can do.
Then she told me I can chase it up and gave me a different supplier
Regal hair?!
I'm so confused as what to do next I'm out of pocket £380

Any advice would be great
Thanks Layla

Ask her if she has insurance, is she a registered company / professional
You could try threaten her with legal action and see if that prompts a refund.

Ask her if she has insurance, is she a registered company / professional
You could try threaten her with legal action and see if that prompts a refund.
It would help you if you have any photos of the hair gone wrong and maybe see if the person that put your new hair in would do a statement of some sort to explain her professional opinion and work she had to do to put it right

Thanks ladies I'm so angry with myself I should have researched more and found a reputable person to do it. She doesn't have any insurance or complaints procedure I have a friend who works within trading standards and she has told me to go to small claims court.

I have contacted glamourous lengths also as they were very interested to know she has been using their brand to gain clients etc but they couldn't tell if they have supplied her or not dye to data protection. But they did say they would investigate it and asked for her fb page etc.

She is not a hairdresser she has done a course
She had a certificate on her wall
Belle certified

I have a picture of the hair that fell out and sent it to her she didn't seem too concerned at all.
She's constantly putting special offers on and getting new clients I just really hope no one else ends up like me.

Thanks ladies I'm so angry with myself I should have researched more and found a reputable person to do it. She doesn't have any insurance or complaints procedure I have a friend who works within trading standards and she has told me to go to small claims court.

I have contacted glamourous lengths also as they were very interested to know she has been using their brand to gain clients etc but they couldn't tell if they have supplied her or not dye to data protection. But they did say they would investigate it and asked for her fb page etc.

She is not a hairdresser she has done a course
She had a certificate on her wall
Belle certified

I have a picture of the hair that fell out and sent it to her she didn't seem too concerned at all.
She's constantly putting special offers on and getting new clients I just really hope no one else ends up like me.
I personally wouldn't let it lie with that kind of money.
I'm not a professional I'm looking into offering extensions at the moment and have read belle academy aren't habia certified anymore so it can be difficult to get insurance through them.
I wouldn't dream of touching someone's hair without insurance ,friends and family is different to doing a client.
I would threaten her with legal action unless she offers a full refund and see what she says. If she doesn't then go for it coz you will get your money back. Or tell her you've sought legal advice and will be taking it further. It's no win no fee anyway. And you might be able to claim for the cost of having to go elsewhere too/ time spent off work trying to get it sorted etc
If she has no insurance I assume she's doing all this cash in hand therefore the tax man will be chasing her too, might be worth a little tip off! I'm not a grass but if it stops this cowboy doing this to other people then it's one less bad hair day off the streets! :D

Thank you so much I never complain about anything but it's so much money to just lose so think I will definitely go the legal route she has said she will not refund me and has changed all her fb page to say
no refund after fitting
My new extentionist lady has said she will provide me with a statement saying how bad the hair was.

I've put a pic up of some of the hair that fell out it's not the best picture but the tips were sticky and awful and the metal part was still stuck in my hair. If left it would definitely matted my hair.

Attachments

• IMG-20170405-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20170405-WA0002.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 127
Thank you so much I never complain about anything but it's so much money to just lose so think I will definitely go the legal route she has said she will not refund me and has changed all her fb page to say
no refund after fitting
My new extentionist lady has said she will provide me with a statement saying how bad the hair was.

I've put a pic up of some of the hair that fell out it's not the best picture but the tips were sticky and awful and the metal part was still stuck in my hair. If left it would definitely matted my hair.
Omg they're awful they don't even look like real hair! Don't worry about what she's writing on her FB page as it's not worth the paper it's printed on it doesn't change your consumer rights if the product is faulty your entitled to a refund.
She's probably got loads of bad reviews and if she hasn't then the people she works on must be weirdos
Name and shame her on her page what an awful woman !

Can't tell the quality of the hair from this pic but it does look like she has tipped the hair herself rather than bought the tips already. I would guess she has used the wrong glue to tip it with although using the wrong products can also cause stickiness. Without proper aftercare advise you would not know this. I agree with the small claims route. U can do it online with moneyclaimsonline it will cost u initially but this does get added to her bill. Usually the threat of court action is enough to prompt at least a negotiation process so good luck!

What aftercare products were you using?
If the metal has come away from the tip then its usually wrong products or a faulty batch.

What aftercare products were you using?
If the metal has come away from the tip then its usually wrong products or a faulty batch.

I used x-10 shampoo & conditioner, leave in treatment and shine spray
It's what she sold me when I was there.

I ordered hair off glamorous lengths and the quality was horrendous like you the bonds went stick and the hair was so fluffy I ended up taking the hair out after about a month or 2 x

Latest posts

Back