Bad hair salon experience not once but twice!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SistaBliss

Reaction score
Hi, I really hope there is a lovely hair pro out there somewhere who can help me with this. Sorry it's so long.

I went to my usual hair salon yesterday for a full head of highlights. As usual I went with lots of pictures and she explained everything and after that the last thing I said was 'will it look like this' (pointing at my picture) and she said yes.

Near 4 hours later it was finally done. I didn't really get to look at it properly as I felt she was in a rush and it had got to the time where I had to pick my daughter up from school (I was booked in at 11.15am and but the time I left it was nearly 3pm). The price list says £70 for a full head of foils but when I got to the til it was £130, £6.99 of that was a product I bought. Again I didn't have time to argue so I just rushed out the door. Later on that day I had a proper chance to have a look at it and oh my god it was awful. I had a big block of dark hair at the roots and I found some bits that were pink, not much but you could see it, and it was NOTHING like I asked. I phoned them, went down there and they offered to correct it the next day (today).

So I went there today and I had my daughter with me this time which I'm not happy about as I never take her with me as I know she gets bored and it's no fun for her waiting while I have my hair done. I was in there today for 4 hours. When it was finished I could see it still wasn't how I wanted it, I had a look and I could still see some pink. The manager said to see how it goes over the next couple of days as it should wash out (err don't think so) plus they can't keep going over it as it will damage my hair, I think they used some kind of cleanser to get the pink out? I think the pink was caused by a new colour range they are using, it had run in to one of the other colours or something?? Once again I felt like I was in a rush so didn't say anything about it again not looking like I wanted it to. My daughter was tired, fed up and hungry and I just wanted to get her home. On top of this I had a client of my own booked in for nails which I was late for in the end, the appointment was cancelled. I paid £120 for this and I still hate my hair. I've looked at their booking system online and I've just realised I've paid £27.50 for a wash and finish on top of the price of the highlights, why the hell am I paying for a wash? Won't my hair be washed when the colour is rinsed off anyway?? I have also paid for toner and remix (no idea what that is). By the time I left I was so tired and fed up.

Now I really don't know what to do. I want to go and get a refund as I really don't want them to work on my hair any more, £120 and nearly 8 hours later I still don't have the hair I want. I am going to have to go to another salon to see if someone can do what I have actually asked for and pay again for someone to do it for me. The colour I have asked for isn't anything difficult I have had it done before (without showing a picture and I got exactly what I wanted!!!) at half the price and been very happy with it.

Are there any lovely hair pro's that can advise me please?

Thank you in advance and thank you to anyone who has read all of this!!

I would certainly go back down and speak your issues with them WITHOUT being in a rush. They're offering a service to you and if they said they could do it they should fulfil it.

However, I would have confirmed a price before the treatment.

Also, have you known of this salon and it's reputation beforehand?

I find it unlikely you'll get a refund for it but you certainly should get it rectified to be as you want it. Good luck.

Hi, thanks so much for taking the time to read my problem and for your reply. I've been there a few times now, I've had full head, half head and a couple of cuts but my hair just looks awful at the moment. I just feel like giving up on the girl (the owner!) doing my hair and I don't want her touching it again, I can still see pink underneath at one of the sides!! And it's just nothing like how I wanted it, I just feel like she's not listening either that or she just couldn't care less about what she's done or correcting it properly! Maybe I should go and speak to someone else when she's not there, really not sure what to do.

Have you got a picture of what you wanted? And a picture of what it looks like now? Helps us all create a clearer picture X

Can you post a pic of your hair before, what you wanted to achieve and how it currently is?

Hi ladies thanks so much yes I have pics! I'm just going through them now and will upload asap x

Right, here they are, the gorgeous lady with the long hair is obviously not me. This is what is looked like after yesterday when I first had it done, big dark patch at the top, still blonde all over, weird pink colour going on underneath, nothing like the pic I asked for. I'll upload today's mess! x

[identifying images removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
this is today, sorry they're not the best pics. the hair underneath still looks awful on one side!

[identifying images removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
I always find its a tough one when clients come in with a picture. Some times it's a help sometimes a hindrance.

Firstly I would have made it clear that in this picture it's hair extensions and a lot longer than the length of your own hair. Which in turn changes the look of the colour too.

However all this said, I'm not sure what your colour was before the colouring it's evident that it's not right! I don't quite get why you have a such a block colour on your roots?!

Was it the same qualified hairdresser you would normally have? Did they seem to agree with the fact that you were not happy with it?

I don't get it either. She always asks me to bring pictures I showed her more than one there can't of been any doubt in what I wanted. She is the owner of the salon as well! I said again today that I wanted it like the picture and not at any time has she said it wouldn't look like that, I have had that look before so I know it can be done. It's just what I've got is nothing at all like that and that's why I'm so annoyed.

The picture you took in is not difficult to match at all, on any hair length.

FOUR HOURS?? That's ridiculous! She hasn't even given you a full head, hence the big darker patches, even with a toner 4 hours is a hideous amount of time. The toner which I believe is where your pink bits came from, will eventually wash out, however, is not good enough. Nor is it acceptable

Certainly go back!

I know!! I've had it before for half the price and was sooo happy with it. The only reason I stopped using that hairdresser is because she messed me about a bit with my appointments so I got fed up with it. In that pic with the darker patches my hair was kind of like that before she started, the blonde wasn't really that different but it's like all she did was put the big dark patches in cos it certainly wasn't like that before! I just feel like I'm not getting anywhere but I can't leave it as it is, no way. I'm sure she said something about a balayage yesterday is that what she's tried to do with the darker bit at the top? I didn't even ask for a bloody balayage I don't really know what one is! She had four bowls with different colours in and she was laying the foils down, putting colour on it then putting another foil on top of that, she called it slabbing?? I have no idea what the hell she was doing!! I'm getting myself wound up now haha omg x

Seriously, I think you need to find a new colourist! She's had two goes at it and it still looks awful.

I would be asking her for a refund and find yourself a new hairdresser. Ask around for recommendations.

Just because she owns the business, doesn't mean she's the best hairdresser in the salon or even vaguely competent. :rolleyes:

You know what I think you're right, I've finally realised that she's CRAP at colouring! So you really think I'm entitled to a refund? Most people seem to charge around £80 for a full head and I really don't want to pay that on top of the £120 I've already paid. The useless woman isn't there Mon-Thurs so I shall go and speak to the other girls in there who seem to have better customer service skills and I think they're actually more talented than she is! I'm not dropping this until I either have what I want or until I have my money back! Thanks all for your help and advice x

Reactions: KHS
You know what I think you're right, I've finally realised that she's CRAP at colouring! So you really think I'm entitled to a refund? Most people seem to charge around £80 for a full head and I really don't want to pay that on top of the £120 I've already paid. The useless woman isn't there Mon-Thurs so I shall go and speak to the other girls in there who seem to have better customer service skills and I think they're actually more talented than she is! I'm not dropping this until I either have what I want or until I have my money back! Thanks all for your help and advice x
It's definitely worth a try, that attempt is terrible and nothing like you've asked for :(

Thanks Emily, I'm going to pop in there again tomorrow. I want what I've asked for or I'll get my money back and go elsewhere! Can't believe I have to walk around like this!

To be honest, I don't think you should have been charged for the re-do at all. They hadn't got it right the first time.

I haven't paid for the redo, no way! I just paid for the original colour then I got home and realised how bad it was then went back yesterday and didn't pay for the redo. It still looks awful so I'm going back again tomorrow to see if someone else can put it right or ask for my money back. I'm worried now though of the the damage this is all going to do to my hair!! x

Totally agree with these guys regarding her attempt. It's a simple colour technique so I'm unsure why she has found it so difficult.
On the pricing though. If that's her salon prices then there's nothing you can do about it, were you quoted when you booked and had your consultation?
Did you ask? In my salon it would be around the same as we charge for a full set of highlights £72, cut and finish £36 and toner £21
In regards to the wash and finish they will have a standard charge for a finish whether it's washed or not.
And the refund, if I'm honest I doubt they will ... She will just ask to rectify it xx

I'm not a hairdresser and even I know it's simple I've had it done before and I loved it. She never quoted me and I never asked. Maybe I should of asked but it's down to her to tell me what it's all going to cost she knows her prices I don't, she's the one providing me with a service. When someone comes to me for nails or any other treatment I don't expect them to know how much it's going to be it's down to me to tell them. I always tell them beforehand how much it's going to be, surely that's just standard practice?? So from my point of view it seems to me that her price of £70 for highlights is literally just putting the foils in, not washing them out or anything, as I have been charged another £27.50 for wash and finish on top. That's just ridiculous. My hair is surely going to be washed when the foils are taken out so why am I being charged another £27.50 for the privilege?? Surely the charge for the finish should just be for a blow dry?? Anyway I'm just p'd off that I've been in twice now and it's still bloody awful I just want it corrected and she can't seem to do it or doesn't want to x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back