Bad hair salon experience not once but twice!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No your not being charged for a wash love your just being charged for the blow dry.
Like you said your hair would get washed anyway for free.... I think your just looking into the detail of the price. I had an client argue with me that a wet cut and dry cut shouldn't be the same price as she's having her hair washed ... And I simply replied with the wash is complimentary. She still continued arguing with me about the price structure though.

Hmmm it's a difficult one. I do cover prices if I do the consultation but I feel it's the consumers responsibility to make sure the salon is in her price range before service commences. X

Last edited:
I always ask for a price when I go to get anything done, I think most people check the price of things.

Most salons charge a separate price for wash and blow dry on top of their colouring service

I know what her prices are what I'm saying is paid 90 last time, 120 this time and my hair looks like compete ****! Yes I've been charged for the wash on the breakdown of what I've paid it says wash and finish 27.50 what I am saying again is that wash should be included in the price of the highlights x

Right in that case you need to ask why it was any different and I'm sure she will break it down. The only reason you should be paying more is if extra products have been used. ie additional colour and toner. Maybe ask her?

What I'm saying is you are just being charged for the finish (blow dry). The shampoo is irrelevant whether it was done after the colour or before Jo blogs comes in for just a wash and blow dry Xx

Yeah, if you went in for a blowdry, but washed your hair at home first they'd probably still charge you the £27.50.

If you're unsure why it's a different price you need to ask. As Charlotte said the stylist may have used more product, or maybe they have had a price adjustment since you last went? C

There are 2 separate issues here.

The main issue surely, is you're not happy with the colour service you have received.
The price issue, IMO is just muddying the water.......

As others have said, most salons charge for a 'finish', whatever that involves, ON TOP of the colour service.
The price difference from your last visit, will probably be due to the time spent on the service, and the amount of product used.

For 4 hours work, taking out the cost of the tint, she would be charging £25.00 per hour - less profit than if she were to do 4 CBD's!:(

As for the colour result, it wouldn't be fair for me to comment, as only you and the stylist know what was agreed during the consultation. :oops:

For 4 hours work, taking out the cost of the tint, she would be charging £25.00 per hour - less profit than if she were to do 4 CBD's!:(
I know it's not the main issue here but during the developing time I didn't think stylists sat waiting?

I know with my hairdresser and in my junior role at a salon many years ago, the stylists used to have other people in between so you're actually only with that particular client for around 2 hours - this is obviously if salon based, not home based and would equate to £50 an hour which is rather steep...

Last edited:
I know it's not the main issue here but during the developing time I didn't think stylists sat waiting?

I know with my hairdresser and in my junior role at a salon many years ago, the stylists used to have other people in between so you're actually only with that particular client for around 2 hours - this is obviously if salon based, not home based.

It depend to be honest, on the type of colour you are doing.
You don't get that long in between....most colours are only 30 minutes now, and if the colour's more 'technical', the stylist would possibly want to keep an eye on it.
Straight forward regrowth applications, tinted H/L, then yes, possibly a blow-dry might be popped between, but it does depend on the stylist's way of working.

I think that the price is confusing the issue. I'm afraid that I like to know what it will cost me up front so I check. I never ever tell my clients the cost of a massage. My prices are all over the salon and our website.

However - and I'm no hairdresser - your hair looks shocking. Sorry!

Good luck

Vic x

Hoping the OP has now gained recommendations and advice, this thread will now be closed as it has been asked and answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back