Bad nail breakage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikala-nails

Reaction score
Hiya,
One of my clients has text me to say she bashed one of her nails while at V and said she thinks her natural nail is coming off with it as she said its wobbling [emoji85]
She's coming in on Thursday for a removal,should I just file it really thin and wrap it? I don't think I'd be able to cut it down without hurting her as she said its been bleeding too! I've never had a breakage this bad [emoji31]
Thanks in advance xx

Hiya,
One of my clients has text me to say she bashed one of her nails while at V and said she thinks her natural nail is coming off with it as she said its wobbling [emoji85]
She's coming in on Thursday for a removal,should I just file it really thin and wrap it? I don't think I'd be able to cut it down without hurting her as she said its been bleeding too! I've never had a breakage this bad [emoji31]
Thanks in advance xx
I would possibly glue it after cleansing and leave it until it grows a bit of doesn't hurt her
I would think depending on the break filing it would cause her to hit the ceiling and I would hesitate in trying to remove it
Can she send you a picture?

I would possibly glue it after cleansing and leave it until it grows a bit of doesn't hurt her
I would think depending on the break filing it would cause her to hit the ceiling and I would hesitate in trying to remove it
Can she send you a picture?
Would you glue it? I've never heard of doing that before, no she hasn't sent me a pic xxx

Would you glue it? I've never heard of doing that before, no she hasn't sent me a pic xxx
If the break is through her acrylic and it's bleeding then yes I would glue it ( after cleansing) it will give instant relief until the break grows out of gets workable
If this is the type of break I'm thinking of

If the break is through her acrylic and it's bleeding then yes I would glue it ( after cleansing) it will give instant relief until the break grows out of gets workable
If this is the type of break I'm thinking of
She said the acrylics not broke at all it's just pulled her natural nail away which has caused the bleeding! She's coming in but said she's only got half n hour for me to remove it [emoji31] she just said it's throbbing xx

If it's bleeding and she's lifted her natural nail I wouldn't put glue, acetone or anything else near it. You won't be able to file it without moving the nail and possibly causing more damage.
I'd see how bad it is when she comes in. If it's just a little bit I'd cut it down and get her to cover and tape it until it's healed a bit but she might need to go to her GP

She said the acrylics not broke at all it's just pulled her natural nail away which has caused the bleeding! She's coming in but said she's only got half n hour for me to remove it [emoji31] she just said it's throbbing xx
Ok sorry I assumed the acrylic had cracked
This is why photos are good
Has it pulled up her natural nail from
The freer she which is now bleeding?

If it's bleeding and she's lifted her natural nail I wouldn't put glue, acetone or anything else near it. You won't be able to file it without moving the nail and possibly causing more damage.
I'd see how bad it is when she comes in. If it's just a little bit I'd cut it down and get her to cover and tape it until it's healed a bit but she might need to go to her GP
Totally agree. Depending on the severity of damage to the natural nail you may not be able to do anything for the time being.

[kQUOTE="ciderella71, post: 2530202, member: 98879"]If it's bleeding and she's lifted her natural nail I wouldn't put glue, acetone or anything else near it. You won't be able to file it without moving the nail and possibly causing more damage.
I'd see how bad it is when she comes in. If it's just a little bit I'd cut it down and get her to cover and tape it until it's healed a bit but she might need to go to her GP[/QUOTE] fab thanks xx

just a geeky info I guess, but
Super Glue was developed accidentaly for the military during WWII but was abandoned as a project. Later was used again during the Vetnam War to help quickly seal wounds of the fell soldiers, since they realised its potential. Years later it was diluted and given for public use (its first consistency was deemed too strong).
But even today, some forms of glue are still used in the ER along with stutures in some cases (hell I've seen staples being used in there to help quickly seal a bleeding wound!) and some special forces units (extremely army-minded men or so my uncle tells me who's one of them) carry a tube of glue on their gear because it's just such a quick fix in a difficult situation!
I used to volunteer at the ER and I've seen a doctor use the trick to quickly seal a bleeding wound to give him time to properly work on it without the patient bleeding out. It's certainly something worth trying and the good part is you actually don't do any damage at all! On the contrary it reduces the possibility of an infection! I know Ciderella I know I'm not a doctor myself etc etc, but really you don't need to be one to stick some glue on your finger, depending on the cut of course and probably not in this situation (I would probably do what you suggested too) ;)
That said, if anyone tries that, make sure it's not Super Glue, but a ligher form, cuz Super Glue will certainly stop any excessive bleeding but will also actually create a minor burn on the area of the skin it comes in contact with.

Last edited:
just a geeky info I guess, but
Super Glue was developed accidentaly for the military during WWII but was abandoned as a project. Later was used again during the Vetnam War to help quickly seal wounds of the fell soldiers, since they realised its potential. Years later it was diluted and given for public use (its first consistency was deemed too strong).
But even today, some forms of glue are still used in the ER along with stutures in some cases (hell I've seen staples being used in there to help quickly seal a bleeding wound!) and some special forces units (extremely army-minded men or so my uncle tells me who's one of them) carry a tube of glue on their gear because it's just such a quick fix in a difficult situation!
I used to volunteer at the ER and I've seen a doctor use the trick to quickly seal a bleeding wound to give him time to properly work on it without the patient bleeding out. It's certainly something worth trying and the good part is you actually don't do any damage at all! On the contrary it reduces the possibility of an infection! I know Ciderella I know I'm not a doctor myself etc etc, but really you don't need to be one to stick some glue on your finger, depending on the cut of course and probably not in this situation (I would probably do what you suggested too) ;)
That said, if anyone tries that, make sure it's not Super Glue, but a ligher form, cuz Super Glue will certainly stop any excessive bleeding but will also actually create a minor burn on the area of the skin it comes in contact with.
It's ok now,she text to say she's got the acrylic nail off but her nail is still wobbly and bruised so is going to wait for it to heal thank you all anyway xx

Latest posts

Back