Bad news from a lovely client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopi679

Reaction score
Hi guys
this is a long one but really need to share.:cry:

Back in July a manicure client of mine severly broke her leg and was house bound for a few months right up to November, she asked if I would mind doing a mobile visit as I dont normally do mobile, but I really didnt mind as she is so lovely and always has lots to talk about and cheers the day up.

I went twice and on the 2nd visit she was getting around much better and said she wanted to pay me in advance for a manicure in December as an Xmas treat and that she would come to my home salon as it would give her an incentive to get out and start rebuilding her strength.

Anyway a couple of days before she was due, she text me to say she wasnt feeling good and would need to cancel.
I wished her well and left it at that as this was just before Xmas.

Yesterday I text her to say I could always do a mobile visit to cheer her up and that it was no prob.
She text back a couple of hours ago to say she couldnt have nails done as she had just been diagnosed with a fast acting form of cancer and is going in to a hospice tomorrow.

This has really shocked me and I dont like to ask too many details as I feel I am being nosy.
I feel so upset as she is such a nice lady and I know its probably the last thing on her mind but I have the money she has pre paid me and feel awful not having refunded it as she would never cancel usually.

I know she has a friend who lives a few doors up from me who I dont really know, do you think it would be rude and unprofessional to go and ask her how she is doing as I know they are quite close?

Anyone else ever had a situation like this?x

what terriable news....these horriable things in life always happen to the best......

i would ask the friend how she is doing but also go and see her yourself....when stuff like this happens to people evryone aviods them likne the plaque as they dont know what to say to them.....

truth be known...the people that are suffering still want to know they have friends .....all the best to your client...i wish her well xx:hug:

you are such a lovely person to be worried about this.

if you don't want to drop in and visit her, why not get a lovely card and put your wellwishes inside and a gift voucher for the money that she prepaid.

I would either ring the client her self or continue to text her - I am sure she would really appreciate that.

It would be hard but you seemed to have built up a good relationship with her. x x x

Thanks for all your caring words everyone they are lovely to read and very comforting.x

Hi

I think a nice card, shows your thinking of her, which you ob are x

I think you should visit her at the hospice... phone first and the staff will ask her if she'd like you to visit or not. I recently lost a client and she still enjoyed having her nails done even though she was in the hospice and she loved everyone noticing her nails and commenting on them. Most people don't get enough visitors, I'm sure she'll be thrilled you made the effort :hug:

oh how sad

ask the friend to pass on a card to her

Thanks for all your caring words everyone they are lovely to read and very comforting.x

Bless you, I say, send a card

There are not enough people like you around hun

Stevie

hun i would send her a card and maybe some flowers, im sure she would realy apreciate it, :hug:

I don't think she'll be too bothered about the money she's paid but I would send a card and flowers to the family and ask them to pass on your love.

I would either ring the client her self or continue to text her - I am sure she would really appreciate that.

It would be hard but you seemed to have built up a good relationship with her. x x x

yes i totally agree with you on this. if i was your client and was in the same situ, and you text me, i would certainly look on it as "you care". not just my tech, therapist etc. Just asking her, how she feeling, etc will make her feel better im sure. you can always bring up the "pre-paid money" at a later date, when things have settled down, and she knows whats happening. but i dont think she will be bothered about the money anyway flower

its just nice to see a tech not thinking of herself and the cash she may have pocketed, and actually thinking of the client.

there are alot of techs up here that would be thinking, oh yeah, money for nowt.............selfish barstewards, thats all they are.

:hug::hug::hug: flower

yes hun definately be there for her, you make friends when you are working like we do. I had cancer when i was 27 i am now 35, people do not know how to approach the subject even close relatives, but they were there for me friends to and i needed them, i am all clear now but i would alwat=ys give my support help and love for anyone i knew in any illness situation as i have been there, its awful been in hospital not having any visitors to look forward to. You sound like me a caring individual who takes things personally and its not a bad thing hun. Take care of yourself to though dont let it get to you be strong.

All the best

Linda :hug:

How sad........please God she'll be well again.

I wouldn't offer the money back as it may look as though you think she's going to die. I would send her a cheery get well card and say to call you when she feels up to having her nails done. I would also ask her mate how she's getting on. xxx

If you have a close (or close'ish) tech/client relationship with her then personally I'd try to arrange a visit to see her, and I'd also have my mani kit in the boot of my car incase she felt like being pampered (even a file and polish), your visit would put a smile on her face, she'd know you cared and it would probably mean a heck of a lot to her :hug:

a lot of my clients have turned into "more than clients" and are now friends. I have been with them through marriage breakups and cancer scares and i know they appreciate it and i wanted to be there for them. If u dont feel able to visit just yet i would txt. I know she would appreciate it. I would. X

I agree with the above. my clients are much more than that and its strange how quickly you become like part of the family (although always being professional of course) I have one client and we are firm friends now and she has had the year from hell, it would have seen me off thats for sure! I have been there every step of the way. So imho check with the hospice that she is receiving visitors and get yourself round there.

Wouldn't the world be a nicer place if we were all like this. X

I would definately go and see her, she probably would be glad to see you and I think it would make both of you feel a bit brighter. It is very sad news but just remember her at her best times and the pleasure you had from her visits to your salon.:smack:

I have to agree with the others, go an see her. If she's in the hospice, she'll be glad to see a friendly face, and take your mani kit with you.

A couple of years ago my ex mother in law was in the hospice, and I had my mani kit in the car, I did a file and polish for her, and it really perked her up. She may be really glad to have a pamper to take her mind off things.

Sending you and her big hugs :hug::hug:

Latest posts

Back