Bad salon experience!! (to call it a salon is actually an exaggeration!)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

susie36

Reaction score
The full story to this is quite long (and amusing in some ways!) but for now all I’d like to know is – what minimum certificates and facilities are required for a beauty salon to be set up? I am really interested in the beauty industry (but only as a user – ie. a treatment addict!) and came across a place a few days ago (through a discount voucher – a ‘too good to be true’ type thing which truly was as it happens!) - to cut the long/funny story short I had an appointment but ended up having to walk out! Is there some sort of industry standard to be able to set up a salon?
:)

Hi, im abit intrigued what happened to you at this place! :eek: I would say to open a salon you'd need at the very least nvq levels 2 and 3 or equivalent as well as insurance, health and safety etc. And alot of experience to really know what you are doing. As for facilities it really depends on what services your offering. Its not always about where you are as how you conduct yourself and how you do your treatments. Unfortunately there are some terrible salons out there these days that are very poorly run. Ive worked in a brilliant salon, a terrible one (hence why i left) and now work for myself from a converted room at home. In an ideal world having a salon in a busy town would be better, but its not always possible. So facilities wise as long as you have everything you need, the surroundings are entirely professional and perfect for your customers and you ensure your treatments and customer service are always 110%, i think thats most important. There doesnt seem to be much of an enforced standard these days it really does come down to the individual.
Hope the bad experience doesnt put you off theres so many of us that still have so much pride in our work xx

I an intrigued as well.

Latest posts

Back