Bad Skin after Viral Infection

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucy-Jayne

Reaction score
Hey Geeks

I'm looking for some advice.

Back in early September, I got knocked out by a nasty viral infection. Ever since then my skin has been awful. It's depressing me so much. I'm forever crying about it.

I'm only 22 and never had spots / acne so this is all new (it could just be part of growing up!) It's not acne that I have, they're blackheads, which turn into lumps, not red. And I have to get rid of them. They come out fine, and then they go red! I know I shouldn't pick, but the bump looks worse than the redness.

I like to think I drink enough water etc. I use the same products I've used for years. YSL foaming cleanser daily, clarins exfoliator twice weekly, YSL cleansing and toning water / eye makeup remover (I'd take that to my grave it's that good). Dermologica face mask once a week for my skin type and I've even bought a Dermologica spot treatment night gel.

Nothing is working!! The only positive thing is that because I'm off on holiday next week, I've been on the sunbed a couple of times to get a base and I think this is helping a little! Does this sort of thing help? If so, 2 weeks in the sun is what I need!

If not, any ideas Geeks?

Thanks so much for your help

xx

First off, I would go to the GP and ask to see a Derm. I was going to suggest a couple of sunbeds sessions so that's good as you've done that. Finally, it does sound as though you're using a hell of a lot of products on your face. How about you try just taking your eye make up off with a cleanser but washing your face with a basin of hot water (not too hot), a nice clean face cloth and giving it a gentle but firm rub all over until every trace of make up has gone. Then apply a light moisteriser. xxx

i too would suggest a visit to your gp

if you have acne those products could be just irritating the skin more

thanks so much for your advice.

When I was last at the docs, I mentioned it and they said it's not acne and nothing to worry about. It may not be to them, but it depresses me!

I thought the products that I'm using were the right amount. Cleanser and toner in one and a face wash. Exfoliator and Mask once a week. Maybe not! As I said earlier up until now, I've always used these products and never had a problem. I never used to wear foundation and was always told what great skin I had. Forgot to mention I use a moisturiser too.

Can you really get bad skin just from a viral infection?

xx

Well in that case, you'd be best finding a reputable salon in your area and going to see a qualified therapist. It's very difficult to know what to suggest without actually seeing you, and a good therapist will be able to look at your skin as well as doing a full consultation.

I hope you get it sorted.:hug:

Thanks Rouge

Would you recommend going to a reputable salon or a Dermatologist?

xx

id have to agree with a comment about the different products. I would be surprised if your viral infection has lasted this long as well and esp gone on to the face. have you any evidence on your body? it may be worth going back to your GP and asking for a full blood test even if its to rule out the viral infection

But Salon or Dermalogist, difficult to say without seeing you but you mentioned the 2xsunbed sessions appear to have done some good? Does that mean your spots were weepy? But its difficult to say without seeing you and if you wanted to see the later the doc is your best point of call to recommend someone

If you can get to see a dermatologist then do that, but there may well be a waiting list, so you could go to a salon in the meantime and see what they suggest.

id have to agree with a comment about the different products. I would be surprised if your viral infection has lasted this long as well and esp gone on to the face. have you any evidence on your body? it may be worth going back to your GP and asking for a full blood test even if its to rule out the viral infection

I don't have the viral infection anymore, it's just that ever since i did have it (It was quite bad and made me quite poorly for a few weeks) I've had the skin problems. I don't have any other health problems.

Latest posts

Back