Bad things and good things

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailomania

Reaction score
Why don’t all teachers say buy the good ones, instead of buy mine??
So much money I’d spend on rubbish .
I feel U are in the hands and goodwill of your tutor, If a teacher tells me to buy a nailform I simply think aha this will do the trick. And then U pulling your hair like a mad woman , the glue is poping open, the middle line is not exactly in the middle and so on. I do love stilettos n’ building a lot of them just for fun on my trainer ( sadly never going to do them for real I aspect) but hey ho, what a different a really good form does! After some good advice here I bought the clear forms, that’s a glue! shape! and cures fantastic!!
And man have I struggled with those bleeding sandbands… Hmmmm I thought I was fast as a rattlesnake ordering them safty bits. Jawdrop to learn those been in the industry for long, but my former teacher giggling over all the sandbands I ordered …

Now I learned my lesson remember to ask the geeks… I have just filled my dustbin in my working place with sandbands, bad forms..
I do wish I got all good advice before I had invested. My dustbin had to swallow a lot of my mistakes bad and utterly poor gel, tools, dustcollector and the list goes on.

So to my question is it something else can make my days easier that U can give a hint on. I must missed out on a lot I can feel didn’t even got a simple form right. For all this time I worked with nails, cursing on those things so stupidly easy to change and replace .

To my defense I have a clever hubby building special table and workspace suitable for my needs, and he also made all my brushes and tools easier to grip and then it also got easier doing niter nailart , so that will be my contribution a simple wrap of vet flex bandage (self adhesive bandages for horses) on all the tools so many layers as U need, make your hand more stabile and the thin lines go straight in a “ swish and flick”

I believe IMHO that the teachers are promoting the product that they believe is best for their needs and works for them (and that could work for anyone else used in the correct way).

They can get the best out of the product that they use and if for any reason they should change they would adapt to the differences in the new products from the old ones - so basically they will always promote the product that they like and use because the have the passion for it. Hope that makes sense xxx

When you make what you class as "mistakes" please don't as you are practising and improving all the time as a nail tech - you obviously love nails and have a passion so embrace what are (not really) mistakes and look at how much nearer to your goal you are!

Snuggly hugs Deb x

Latest posts

Back