Bad wax...what to do???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

girlie

Reaction score
Calling on you waxing geeks for advice here....my sister went to have her under arms waxed today by another therapist as her regular was away,well what a mess! red patches and lots of hair left not removed,she is going on holiday saturday and doesn't want to look like chewbacca,can she re wax? it does look a little red and sore,or is she best to shave for now?? help!!! thanx xx:hug:

Calling on you waxing geeks for advice here....my sister went to have her under arms waxed today by another therapist as her regular was away,well what a mess! red patches and lots of hair left not removed,she is going on holiday saturday and doesn't want to look like chewbacca,can she re wax? it does look a little red and sore,or is she best to shave for now?? help!!! thanx xx:hug:

The redness should die down within a couple of hours, if it doesn't it sounds like your sister has had some wax burn and I would advise her not to have it re-waxed just yet. Does she feel sore? Cold compresses will help with redness and soreness.

I would also get her to return to the salon and let the manager take a look.

As above, best not to wax over just yet. Underarms are also quite sensitive, me personally i find an underarm wax painful and i am still tender maybe the day after. Again definately recommend to return to the salon and point out the problem. For starters all of the hair should of been removed. Its best for her to avoid applying anything to the area for at least 24 hrs, unless specific afterwaxing products have been recommended.

Thanks girls,believe it or not this demon waxer was the salon owner!!!

Latest posts

Back