Badly peeling natural nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simone Daly

Reaction score
I have a client who has never had any nail treatments but has the softest and most peeling nails I've ever seen. She said it's been happening for years but now wants to solve it once and for all. I've suggested she try IBX for awhile but she wants to buy an at home treatment so I'd like to be able to suggest or recommend something for her! She comes very regularly for shellac toes and wants to start hands too but wants to fix her problem first! Anything you can suggest? Thanks a mill x

Have you looked into nailtiques? It's part of the Grafton chain. I've been using it for years and swear by it! Sounds like she would need formula 2 to get her started. If she's previous had gels or extensions there is a 'After artificial nail car kit' which is also fabulous - let me know if you need anymore info xx

Keeping a short nail is also helpful in the case of this nail type, along with very careful free edge capping.

Have a nail tool ready as unfortunately getting some on the skin while capping is inevitable.

I find using one of those bendy rubber tool things handy, the one that's used for rubbing chrome powders in x

Last edited:
Do you use CND? If so you could retail her Rescue Rxx for home use.

I second Nailtiques. I've never found anything that helps problem nails better.

Thanks everyone, she bought the nailtiques formula 2. So far so good! She likes it anyway! She's keeping the nails really short for now so here's hoping! Thanks for the tips! [emoji7]

Definitely recommend CND Rescue Rxx for home use, fantastic product

Latest posts

Back