Baffled! Auburn Hair!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natm

Reaction score
Right my sister is naturally auburn and her hair is frizzy, wavy and verrrryyy dry on the ends just on the sides! i cut her hair every 4 weeks and take the ends off, she doesnt straighten, we use kerastase shampoo and conditioner and her hair is stillll soo coarse and dry at the sides!!!! i dnt know what to do!!! she uses masks, i never pull colour through to the ends and she constantly needs it cut but she wants it to grow!! is this normal for auburn hair?? would a brazilian blow dry help the condition? she keeeps moaning iv taken too much off it! but even though iv cut it, its stillllll dead!! soo baffled!! xxxxx

Right my sister is naturally auburn and her hair is frizzy, wavy and verrrryyy dry on the ends just on the sides! i cut her hair every 4 weeks and take the ends off, she doesnt straighten, we use kerastase shampoo and conditioner and her hair is stillll soo coarse and dry at the sides!!!! i dnt know what to do!!! she uses masks, i never pull colour through to the ends and she constantly needs it cut but she wants it to grow!! is this normal for auburn hair?? would a brazilian blow dry help the condition? she keeeps moaning iv taken too much off it! but even though iv cut it, its stillllll dead!! soo baffled!! xxxxx

What you using from kerastase?

bain de force the green one and then we use the normal to dry white and orange one! cant remember! and thn we also use number 3 in bed head antidotes! haha we have a range! xx

Bain de force is protein you need moisture. Satin bath would be great for this xx

satin bath, is tht kerastase? x

Ok yeah Bain de force is to much protein, orange one is it Bain de thermeque? That's rank it smells like sun cream and didnt do much for me or clients, and Bedhead is crap too.

Try smootherapie from matrix biolage or total results smooth range,

tried bioloage and total results and couldnt stand them!!! might try purology or ulterna!

tried bioloage and total results and couldnt stand them!!! might try purology or ulterna!

What didn't you like? Are you sure your using them right?

If going for alterna caviar would be your best bet or Hydrate as second place.

i just found i got a real build up with them and they were reaally heavy! i never conditon roots only ends but the roots went greasy quick! maybe i wasnt using right!! biolage wasnt as bad as total results. my mum got the bioloage so maybe it wasnt the right product! hmmm! but shud i do a brasiliana on my sister, would that help? xxx

I wouldn't it sounds like you have a build up of protein, soften first, try hydrating from biolage or even color therapie x

Ooooooo ok so there's too much protein! I need moisture! Righty o I'm on it! Thanks blue! Xxxx

U probably need Kerastase bain satin 2 for dry-very dry, bain de force should never be used longer than 6 weeks in a row or it'll completely dry the hair out! Also could try the masquintense but use as a every day conditioner untill it improves.

If ur trimming every 4 weeks and it's still dead sounds like its dead to begin with maybe just a really good cut would
Do it good?

And Kerastase elixir I love this stuff couldn't get a brush trough my hair without it!! :)

It does neeeed a real good cut but she won't have it off!!! Righty o! Thanks guys! Il get some hydrating stuff for her!

Pureology SmoothTherapie range is fantastic on dry unruly hair xx

Just a thought, do u colour it to auburn or lighten/ darken from? What colour do u use on her? Xoxo

Latest posts

Back