Balayage advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny1976

Danny76
Reaction score
Hi
I have a client with 2 inch grown highlights who wish to have ombre like in the picture attached
She is natural level 6,previously highlights with lowlights,
My question is when to apply root colour 7/1 ,at the beginning with balayage,then wash and tone or after a do balayage ,wash, root colour and toner ??
Preferred toner 10/6 with 10/73 CT and one inch of /18 relights,she wants to go lighter but not too ashy!!
First picture is when i did highlights with lowlights now grown,second picture is the desired result.
Any suggestions about the correct formula for toner,wella??
Thanks
Screenshot_20190901-221648_WhatsApp.jpeg
Screenshot_20190901-145045_Pinterest.jpeg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190901-145045_Pinterest.jpeg
    Screenshot_20190901-145045_Pinterest.jpeg
    56.6 KB · Views: 25
It depends what look you want to create. I find I get a nicer blend by balayaging, process. Rinse towel dry and apply a root tint bled it down and then in to the toner on the M.L.E
If you apply the root tint the same time as the bleach, I find it hard to believe you'll get a good blend, because at some point they have to mix, when they mix, the bleach will always cut through the root col and leave you with a warm area.

Thank you so much!!

It depends what look you want to create. I find I get a nicer blend by balayaging, process. Rinse towel dry and apply a root tint bled it down and then in to the toner on the M.L.E
If you apply the root tint the same time as the bleach, I find it hard to believe you'll get a good blend, because at some point they have to mix, when they mix, the bleach will always cut through the root col and leave you with a warm area.
Interesting, I will try that technique soon :)

I would place a few very fine foils through parting, weaved and sliced mixture.
Once foils in I would paint dark through all the roots some areas I would drag the tint down softly especially near the crown and just after the money piece. Getting the placement takes some practice, just keep an eye on the goal picture and try to keep in mind the way the clients hair sits and work with that.
I would then probably go ahead and mix some fresh Bleach and balayage through the rest of the hair.
Sometimes I remove the foils at this point to prevent any over processing (low peroxide, decent Bleach and olaplex is essential for me) and let the balayage process for a little while.

Once rinsed, I add my toner (half shade darker) into olaplex no2 and process.

One thing I would recommend is not lifting the natural root, it will only reveal warmth so I would try and stay at the same base as the natural colour. If there is no grey I like to lighten first rinse off towel dry and then melt it into a balayage. To get the blonde pieces to really stand out pull the darker root just a bit further down directly underneath them. Just remember if your root colour meets bleach you will get a brassy band. This is just my technique! Hope all goes well and your get the result your hoping for♥️

Latest posts

Back