Balayage and extensions went wrong

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJHosie

Reaction score
Hi, mobile Hairdressing and this happened, any advice or guidance please.
So what's your view on my disaster she had a head of double weight extensions from her occipital to her arse.the had this headband type thing to be woven into to deal with weight of them.. her own hair on top of head was about two inches long. So she was peroxide blonde , probably a extreme white blonde.. now I did the base as an 8/0 with an 8/81. Two tubes of 8 and one of 8/81. Colour fresh semi perm. Applied all over and her extensions sucked it in. Left for 35 to cook. Rinsed at bath, blew dry and she liked. It was nice. Then mixed up bleach with 30 vol and started to balayage. The section at back was horrendous due to extensions. I had brushed before and even still nightmare. The after back did sides and then her own hair at top , front. Left for 35 and seemed to have lifted but I think a bit a orange at top of own hair. Rinsed and when rinsed got toned.
10/36 and 10/81. 2 tubes of 10/36 and one of other . Applied to whole head as should only stuck to bleached bit.
waited 25 then rinsed. The extensions took ok but the top was pinky. So I put some silver shampoo and washed with the silver then dried. It toned down the pinky to more silvery.
I won't be rushing to do work like this on such heavy extensions.
Views at all?,

What sort of comments are you expecting?
You are being very rude about your client and you should NEVER colour extension hair as you instantly invalidate any guarantee on them.

Thanks very much. I would never be rude about a client or to one but I was unaware of issue s on extensions being invalidated. Client specifically asked for it. Never touching the extensions for colour.

Latest posts

Back