Balayage brush out

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake nattrass hair

Reaction score
The most tedious part of doing a back comb technique balayage... coming all the back comb out! Just curious to know everyone’s routine?

do you brush the back comb out before you tone? Or tone then brush it all out at a section?

I tend to use a wet brush, lots of leave in conditioner and some hair oil and brush in small sections at a chair but so time consuming!

Last edited:
The most tedious part of doing a back comb technique balayage... coming all the back comb out! Just curious to know everyone’s routine?

do you brush the back comb out before you tone? Or tone then brush it all out at a section?

I tend to use a wet brush, lots of leave in conditioner and some hair oil and brush in small sections at a chair but so time consuming!
I struggled with this, until I did my last one, and I used this denman finishing brush before I shampooed the lighter off. It was much much easier than any other method I used. The second easiet was rinsing the bleach and then applying conditioner and using a wide toothed comb, then shampoo and tone.

Attachments

• _20200104_192624.JPG
    _20200104_192624.JPG
    262.6 KB · Views: 12
Oh I tried using that brush but felt it pulled a little too much.

The only other suggestion I have is back comb the hair with a wider toothed comb, so it's not packed so tightly towards the root.

Latest posts

Back