Balayage help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katty198999

Reaction score
Hi i have a new client,

she has a natural 7 base and the ends are a level 6.

she is wanting her hair to be dark chocolate red - like a 4.89 shwartzkopf ...with a balayage effect of level 7 golden tones,

my question is - how do i do this? can i do all at once or do i have to take her base all dark first then dry off and do the balayage painting after and tone?

i dont want it to get messy as i am newly qualified so want this to look perfect.

thank you..
attached is a pic of what she wants - i talked her out of the dark root ontop of the rest as think 3 colours will look crappy.

4B5DC914-0C32-4596-9CD4-B077A44BC8AB.jpeg
4B5DC914-0C32-4596-9CD4-B077A44BC8AB.jpeg

Personally myself I would balayage it first, lift to about an 8. Then use your target base shade on roots, Blending it in to a toner of your choice on the ends. Looks like a soft copper colour to me. Dont forget to pre pig if needed.

so would you put the base reddy brown colour on the top then just come down into a warm ish blonde toner ? She’s wanting some of the reddy brown colour at the bottom part aswell ? I feel so confused

I would go with something like colour touch 4/71 on the roots, take some sections and paint on kp 6/74 or 6/75. And then for your lighter pieces, usee maybe kp 8/7.
Or you could go with root col, mid lengths colour theb end colour.
Don't forget when you drag your root down, to have highs and lows, this is what helps create the dimension, and helps the colours blend together.

Latest posts

Back