Balayage help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stella1981

Reaction score
Hi I'm doing a redo on someone that's a level 7 very warm. she's been to another salon, she had balayage like the first pic, went back again and they have given her a darker root level 5 and bleach blonde length and ends level 10. Just wondered if anyone could advise? My plan is to bleach cleanse the darker roots to get it to a level 7 then my next step. Is to towel dry and apply 7 in illumina with pastel and smudge through slightly. My question is am I going to have to do more babylights etc as its quite blocky on the root and want a bit more of a blend like the pic. She adamant she wants ashy medium blonde darker root and clean level 10 ends. Any help would be much appreciated, I've attached a pic of want she wants.
IMG_20190624_104144.jpeg

Hi I'm doing a redo on someone that's a level 7 very warm. she's been to another salon, she had balayage like the first pic, went back again and they have given her a darker root level 5 and bleach blonde length and ends level 10. Just wondered if anyone could advise? My plan is to bleach cleanse the darker roots to get it to a level 7 then my next step. Is to towel dry and apply 7 in illumina with pastel and smudge through slightly. My question is am I going to have to do more babylights etc as its quite blocky on the root and want a bit more of a blend like the pic. She adamant she wants ashy medium blonde darker root and clean level 10 ends. Any help would be much appreciated, I've attached a pic of want she wants. View attachment 208932
I’d probably do a half head of really fine highlights to breakup the dark root then use a root toner of a 7 then blend into a 10, the level 5 root will take a few sessions to get rid of completely because if you bleach it out it will probably lift warm, have you taken a strand test ? X

Thanks for replying hun, No hun not yet. That's what I'm afraid of the root glow!

Would you root stretch it or comb through do you think?

Would you root stretch it or comb through do you think?
I’d do the highlights then put root toner of a 7 on 1-2 inches from the root then ends toner and smudge them into each other just using my fingers to blend them. I would take a strand test though first so you know what your working with , good luck! Xxx

Thanks, really appreciate the advice xxx

Latest posts

Back