Balayage help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you both for your honesty. @Hayleybrady this sounds just like what's happened to me I'm so disappointed I honestly didn't even realise salons used professional hair colour remover I just thought that was a DIY at home option. If I'd have known I think I would have chosen that route now looking at my hairs condition and colour, I feel like cutting it all off 😩 before my last session I did mention to my hairdresser that I had breakage etc but she said my hair was in ok condition and there wasn't a lot of damage so continued to Bleach again. Currently using olaplex no. 3 and Bleach London hair mask which does make my hair softer but I suppose its just hiding the damage I'll try a protein treatment too and avoid heat do you know how long I should avoid any further colour treatments for? X

I see this so many times whereby salons skip the remover!
I explained to one lady that she needed a colour remover before balayage and that it would take a year or more to reach her cool coloured natural goal ie to ease in slow and not damage the hair.
Unfortunately she decided to go to a high end salon who not only just used bleach but dragged out several sittings in the soace of 3 weeks in order to command the money, her result was dry ginger hair from bleach which would have resulted in just one sitting of the colour remover alone without going in with bleach, shes now given up and gone dark again 🙄.
All im saying is its the hairdressers responsibility to manage the clients expectations even if it means refusing rather than needlessly taking the money.
As said above if the cuticle is damaged the colour/toners wont hold which in turn temps you to use another toner etc which results in even more damage.
Olaplex is good but only if your having regular treatments, the bonds will break down with heat damage eventually so prevention is better than cure.
I would say during this awful time use it to give your hair a break. X
Just to give you a couple of examples on using colour remover. I am not against it as I use it often but you need to be careful with the home dyes.

Attachments

• 85622A57-D254-469C-A078-C8F73350B794.jpeg
    85622A57-D254-469C-A078-C8F73350B794.jpeg
    811.7 KB · Views: 22
  • B185CC01-5F70-4D43-B29C-2BAEA607D6E6.jpeg
    B185CC01-5F70-4D43-B29C-2BAEA607D6E6.jpeg
    706.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 023DC2F1-E8EE-492C-AE12-E5D363286694.jpeg
    023DC2F1-E8EE-492C-AE12-E5D363286694.jpeg
    848.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 555F756B-0CD6-4CFB-BD13-C9A89915E8CF.jpeg
    555F756B-0CD6-4CFB-BD13-C9A89915E8CF.jpeg
    831 KB · Views: 19
  • BE1B31C6-DECA-4438-8F2B-61E637B8A9A5.jpeg
    BE1B31C6-DECA-4438-8F2B-61E637B8A9A5.jpeg
    655.5 KB · Views: 18
Just to give you a couple of examples on using colour remover. I am not against it as I use it often but you need to be careful with the home dyes.
I have not attached the end result

Thank you both for your honesty. @Hayleybrady this sounds just like what's happened to me I'm so disappointed I honestly didn't even realise salons used professional hair colour remover I just thought that was a DIY at home option. If I'd have known I think I would have chosen that route now looking at my hairs condition and colour, I feel like cutting it all off 😩 before my last session I did mention to my hairdresser that I had breakage etc but she said my hair was in ok condition and there wasn't a lot of damage so continued to Bleach again. Currently using olaplex no. 3 and Bleach London hair mask which does make my hair softer but I suppose its just hiding the damage I'll try a protein treatment too and avoid heat do you know how long I should avoid any further colour treatments for? X
You weren't to know and thats what professionals are for unfortunately with experienced hairdressers they have gone through the pitfalls sometime during their career and thats how things are learnt which is unfortunate for some.
If you want to tone just use colourfresh, it wont last as long but its more of a direct dye without peroxide, always use warm rather than hot water as these wilk make colours fade and leave the heat tools alone except for the hairdryer on medium heat finished off with cool.
As for treatments i am a product junkie, wella fusion shampoo and conditioner is amazing, you can get the 1000ml shampoo and conditioner with pumps on ebay for 38.99 the shine and softness is beautiful, a lot of my

You weren't to know and thats what professionals are for unfortunately with experienced hairdressers they have gone through the pitfalls sometime during their career and thats how things are learnt which is unfortunate for some.
If you want to tone just use colourfresh, it wont last as long but its more of a direct dye without peroxide, always use warm rather than hot water as these wilk make colours fade and leave the heat tools alone except for the hairdryer on medium heat finished off with cool.
As for treatments i am a product junkie, wella fusion shampoo and conditioner is amazing, you can get the 1000ml shampoo and conditioner with pumps on ebay for 38.99 the shine and softness is beautiful, a lot of my

Thank you, ive ordered the colour fresh and the shampoo 😊 x

So I have posted previously about my balayage issues and it being brassy etc. I'm just not happy with it and I can't get to the salon yet, I've tried toners and blue shampoos etc. I'm just curious as to if there would be an issue with me using wella color touch shade 5/1 which is light ash brown (demi permanent) until I can get to the salon again? Will it just wash out or will it end up longing out the process of my end goal? (However, I am actually debating going darker again my experience has put me off having light hair lol.) I've attached my current hair and the original end goal pic.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201226_112051_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20201226_112051_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    883 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20201226_112025.jpg
    Screenshot_20201226_112025.jpg
    536.4 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20201226_111901.jpg
    Screenshot_20201226_111901.jpg
    477.6 KB · Views: 15

Latest posts

Back