Balayage too dull, complaining client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

el0iselint0n

Reaction score
Hi
I lifted client to level 9 and my colleague decided to tone with Redken Shades Eq 9V and 9B and it came out almost grey but for the most part dull.
She wanted more of a golden blonde and i’ve said i’ll fix it
I’ve read to do a bleach wash, (warm water rather than low peroxide and shampoo?) but what about the transition parts of the balayage where it’s mixed with her own hair?
I’m worried that it will lift her base
Would it be better to do a few more foils where the transition parts are and bleach bath the ends only where it’s all lightened already?

Really stressing over this as she’s a really difficult client and caused a scene last week. I had originally told her it will fade with washes but she’s since called.
I already gave a discount in the first place as she made me feel so bad and I need to get this right
Thanks

Last edited:
Comb conditioner down to transition part to try and protect it only bleach bath the ends massage it through the ends for about 5 mins and you should see the grey fade . You can do the bleach bath twice but I suggest a conditioning treatment on those ends after

thank u!
Those transition bits will need fading aswell though as there was a lot of grey :rolleyes:

I
Hi
I lifted client to level 9 and my colleague decided to tone with Redken Shades Eq 9V and 9B and it came out almost grey but for the most part dull.
She wanted more of a golden blonde and i’ve said i’ll fix it
I’ve read to do a bleach wash, (warm water rather than low peroxide and shampoo?) but what about the transition parts of the balayage where it’s mixed with her own hair?
I’m worried that it will lift her base
Would it be better to do a few more foils where the transition parts are and bleach bath the ends only where it’s all lightened already?

Really stressing over this as she’s a really difficult client and caused a scene last week. I had originally told her it will fade with washes but she’s since called.
I already gave a discount in the first place as she made me feel so bad and I need to get this right
Thanks
Use bleach and warm water, that will be enough to remove toner only. It won't lift the natural hair.

Perhaps you could tone to neutralise and fill in the ash/grey with redken shades eq 9G + 9AA + 8C and just leave it on the hair for 2 mins? On instagram someone called lisalovesbalayage used it on level 10 when it came out a bit too cold after 9V + 9P

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back