Balayage trouble

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gee.sm

Reaction score
Hi all, new here! Hoping to discuss an issue I've been having..

So, balayage. One of my all time fav services to do and I take pride in knowing that my clients are always happy with their balayage. However, I've noticed when colouring finer hair (fine hair but lots of it, resulting in a very silky texture) that my balayages are prone to going wrong. They come out chunky, unblended and patchy in areas. I do the same free hand technique that I do on all hair types, but it just seems to be so challenging and I'm never too happy with it. Anyone else have this issue or any advice on how to solve it? It's really been knocking my confidence. Thanks, gee. X

I’m sorry to hear us knocking your confidence. I know it may sound obvious but think baby lights when you are putting on the colour. This way shouldn’t result in chunky sections.So prepare the hair in exactly the same way as you have been doing but just before you’re ready to put the colour on a particular section with baby lights and add colour to this. Let me know if this works for you

Try mixing your lighterner thicker on fine hair.

Latest posts

Back