Balayage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elaine Stevenson

Reaction score
Hi guys. I’m doing a balayage this week. The clients base colour is a 5-6.
I’m going to use Majirel High Lift Neutral with 9% developer. Should I use a toner afterwards. If so which one do you think is best.

Hi guys. I’m doing a balayage this week. The clients base colour is a 5-6.
I’m going to use Majirel High Lift Neutral with 9% developer. Should I use a toner afterwards. If so which one do you think is best.
It's hard to say if you'll need a toner or not, it depends on the desired tone. I assume it will lift to quite a warm tone, if she's happy with it don't tone, if she wants neutral or cool tone, tone accordingly.
Yellow - violet.
Orange - blue
Red - green
Use the basics to help you choose your toner of needed.
Don't forget that if the hair is an 8 using a 10 to tone won't work. Tone for the base that the hair has lifted to.

It's hard to say if you'll need a toner or not, it depends on the desired tone. I assume it will lift to quite a warm tone, if she's happy with it don't tone, if she wants neutral or cool tone, tone accordingly.
Yellow - violet.
Orange - blue
Red - green
Don't forget that if the hair is an 8 using a 10 to tone won't work. Tone for the base that the hair has lifted to.
Thanks for your help. Her natural base only lifted to a light copper. I had to bleach it this week with baby lights, 6% at the back and 9% on top and sides and that took 50 minutes. Very stubborn but a better colour now.

Yellow - violet.
Orange - blue
Red - green

Latest posts

Back