Balayage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Georgie.mxo

Reaction score
Hi all.
So usually with balayage I start with a dark canvas, which makes it really easy to paint the lightener exactly where I want it, then tone etc. I have a lady booked in for balayage who currently has blonde highlights around a level 9. I've only had this once before and I added some low lights throughout the hair, but the result just wasn't the same as painting lightener on. It didn't seem to have as much depth and didn't look quite the same. Any advice on how to make this work? I'll post some pics of hair I did previously, painting lightener on vs lowlighting previous blonde. (pink jumper is painting lightener on). Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190526_100718.jpg
    Screenshot_20190526_100718.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_20190526_100731.jpg
    Screenshot_20190526_100731.jpg
    374.7 KB · Views: 31
You could still handpaint on some lighter where needed or if its as light as you want it paint your toner on where you want your blonde to be, then go inbetwen with a demi the same level as the root on the bits left out, this would create the same effect.
The Other thing I'm thinking is try the pinwheel technique to lowlight, and carry on through the rest of the hair painting thicker sections of darker colour, doing in on diagonal, non structured sections. I hope this makes sense.

You could still handpaint on some lighter where needed or if its as light as you want it paint your toner on where you want your blonde to be, then go inbetwen with a demi the same level as the root on the bits left out, this would create the same effect.
The Other thing I'm thinking is try the pinwheel technique to lowlight, and carry on through the rest of the hair painting thicker sections of darker colour, doing in on diagonal, non structured sections. I hope this makes sense.
Ohh love the idea of painting the toner on as apposed to the lighter. That way I could still foil each section with toner applied and go in with lowlights afterwards. Thank you!

Latest posts

Back