Balinese treatments?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicki-Marie

Reaction score
I recently read about coconut and coffee treatments. They were being offered at a spa i stumbled across. The description sounded gorgeous. Actual coconut shreds are used on the skin and for the coffee treatment coffee beans were used as an exfoliating agent. I remember reading something saying these were balinese treatments.

Sorry im a bit vague. Does anyone know anything about these treatments? and a possible distributor?

Hi Nicki

I am trained in the scrubs that you are talking about.
I did a full Indonesian massage course and as an extra add-on, I did the Spa rituals day too, which is the balinese scrubs.

You learn 4 types of scrubs:
Coconut which contains sandalwood too.
Coffee which has a good detox effect
Boreh has a warming effect and is used traditonally by rice farmers who worked in ankle deep water. useful for rheumatism, arthritis, sports injuires or as a winter warmer (its not hot hot, just a slight warming effect)
Lulur the royal bridal treatment. its a scrub that contains tumeric and stains the skin, you neutralise that by smothering the client in warm yogurt and rinse off with a bowl of warm water with flower petals in it. If you have a bath facility you can offer them a bath with petals corresponding to the chakra colours.

the company is called Indonesian Secrets (please mention my recommendation - Ann - to Alison Gibbs the founder)

here it is

bump

Thankyou. They sound like lovely treatments. if i do decide to go for it i will be sure to mention you.
My computer is playing games on me .. it appeared that my thread had been deleted .. but now its here again .. odd!

yes IKWYM Nicki,
I tried answering that question re: deleting and it wouldn't let me send it!

Latest posts

Back