Balyage powder

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Reynolds

Reaction score
Hi all,

Has anyone used the Loreal balyage bleach, what are you thoughts and also do you use the normal developer?
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1459425471.840854.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1459425486.431490.jpg

Hi. I've used it.

I like it.

Obviously low lifting as with any open air lightener.

I find it quite crumbly. Once it's dry, if I have a fidgety client or moving from station to basin there's usually a white powder trail.

I can only compare it to Platinium. And obviously Platinium is in a different league.

Would you suggest just using platinum

I really want to know about this as well, might just have to buy it and see [emoji5]️[emoji5]️

Yes I just use with suppliers own developer (as they advised me after running a course with loreal.)
It does give a low level lift so use one level higher than you would normally for bleach in foils for example.
But I have always been happy with the result - always a good natural blend.

I love it, I use cling film to stop it drying out

Yes I just use with suppliers own developer (as they advised me after running a course with loreal.)
It does give a low level lift so use one level higher than you would normally for bleach in foils for example.
But I have always been happy with the result - always a good natural blend.
Argh! Why wouldn't you use the correct peroxide. You're not actually saving much/any money by using a cheap peroxide. And it does works so much better if you use the correct peroxides.

Argh! Why wouldn't you use the correct peroxide. You're not actually saving much/any money by using a cheap peroxide. And it does works so much better if you use the correct peroxides.

I took that to mean she just uses the normal L'Oréal developer as advised. But I maybe wrong lol!

Really love this lightener. You have to measure it exactly and mix it with it whisk. It goes from powder to really clumpy and finally smooth once you finish mixing. It does lift well if you apply a good even layer on the hair especially with cling film. But if the hair has a lot of warmth or is coloured then yes platinium will keep lifting for longer.

oh I didn't realise, I just went on the advice of the supplier as they said when they run the course the trainer said it works same with suppliers own brand too. I will grab a bottle of the loreal one and use that one next time xx

oh I didn't realise, I just went on the advice of the supplier as they said when they run the course the trainer said it works same with suppliers own brand too. I will grab a bottle of the loreal one and use that one next time xx

The basics of peroxides are the same. But they all work in conjunction with their own brand to get the best results. Like using the same shampoo and conditioner.

Latest posts

Back