Bamboo massage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xchloeee

Reaction score
Hey geeks, I was thinking of taking a bamboo massage training course with Ellisons but didn't know how useful having a qualification in it would be.

How many of your salons offer this treatment? Also, how much do you charge for this per client? So I can know a profit as I will be paying £85 for the training and a starter kit.

I really wouldn't bother if I'm honest I'm qualified in it and other 3 years only has one client ask! X

Doesn't anybody really take an interest in it then? X

All depends on your clients
.... I personally would like to do it as I like learning new skills and techniques and I often mix styles in a massage (eg hot stones or something in a manual massage) but my clients are quite adventurous and are always trying new things ....

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

I already have my NVQ level 2 beauty therapy but went on to do level 3 massage- so I'm currently still studying in college which means I don't actually have a client base at the moment.. That's why I was wondering if it's worth having this qualification for the future or not

I wanted to trained in it, and had 3 Bamboo Massages at different places to get an idea what it was like. I'm glad I did. It's not for me, and I made a judgement that it was not for my clients. I currently offer Hot Stones and Hot Compress, both of which are popular.

I really don't find it that popular unless you have clients that love trying new techniques but to be honest I've found that most people just stick to the standard methods! Xx

There are so many different types of massage to choose from. If you are only qualified in manual massage it might be worth investing in training for more popular types of mechanical massage like hot stones or lava shells. From working over the past few years in salons and spas I'd say it would be best to learn sports massage if anything. 95% of my clients want a deep tissue massage above any other forms so if you want to earn the dollar, I reckon your best bet is there.

I already have my NVQ level 2 beauty therapy but went on to do level 3 massage- so I'm currently still studying in college which means I don't actually have a client base at the moment.. That's why I was wondering if it's worth having this qualification for the future or not

Then personally I would invest my money in something else, and do bamboo at a later date??? If you want to do something a little different then how about thai compression? ?? X

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Not something I'd consider popular but I'm in a small town. You never know though..,
Speaking of new massage, does anyone do the lava shell massage? How are you finding it?

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Consider the types of places you'd like to work and see if they offer Bamboo Massage. Getting qualified and practising before applying for a work placement will help you get the job :) Also, I feel that bamboo massage is a luxury treatment and should be marketed as such with the added benefit of getting deeper into the tissues (fab for massaging men).

Think a lot and then a lot more about which road you want to take with your career, then the treatments in which you'll need/want to train in will simply happen.

I recently trained in lava bambu massage. Fantastic training and beautiful product and routine but I won't be offering it in my business because it's an expensive treatment to do. The same applies to lava shells.

Im glad i did these courses though because lots of places where I would like to work offer these treatments and being trained in them could add variety to my skills and working day without me having to be dependant on an employer to provide training.

I'd say that with bamboo, only train in it if you are able to promote it working for yourself or if future potential employers offer the treatment. That is to say that post college, I would let your employment route determine your choice of further training so you can be certain that you'll get to use your new skills :)

Latest posts

Back