Ban tering

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
All righty kiddies.

I am over the whole *whinge* thing from a couple of suspicious newbies about this site being a non product related site.

People with any sense to them are well aware that this site is non product related. Many times over, we have invited companys to send their educators here to help people with product related queries and sadly, few have ever made the time to come. Does that mean they get no help? Nope. Everyone pitches in to help as much as possible in an unbiased way.

Anyone who has managed to actually read through the threads can see that every product under the rainbow is used by the members here and discussed in a pretty darn constructive manner.
They can also see that we have several distributor representatives here that help out with relevant posts (but as previously mentioned, we could use a few more).

Anyhooo... I am over the whole thing as has been about 4 new members out of 1,800 that have caused the ruckus. Interestingly enough, most were pretty bitter and sadly angry people that had other business intrests, never posted anything to help other users, and interestingly enough, each found themselves on the wrong side of a ban.

I will say this one last time: All professionals are welcome here as long as their posts are constructive. If that is too great a chore for you to chew on... go build your own freaking site.

He shoots... he scores.

Well said Sam

prettynails said:
Well said Sam
me too - i'm star and OPi aswell in fact asked Debbie Knight of OPI to get logged on yesterday to see how she can assist her users - she said she will soon

The Nail Geek said:
I will say this one last time: All professionals are welcome here as long as their posts are constructive. If that is too great a chore for you to chew on... go build your own freaking site.

He shoots... he scores.

WELL SAID SAM, WITH YOU ALL THE WAY

Thanks Sam

No one wants these type of people here trying to ruin your/our site and discredit some of the most respected people in the industry!!

They have absolutely nothing to offer any of us.

Here Here, well said.. I am new to this site but can i say its fab.

Hi Mr Geek

Now that I have a full understanding of your site from a slap on the wrist by Mrs geek....ouch....I will not be so hasty in my answers and messages posted on your site.......sorry yet again!
I was told about your site from a customer of mine and since then have been on here any night that I can.Its great to be able to respond to any question about Alan Roys products, why dont more suppliers get registered so we all can have a say and help our techs as much as possible....isnt that why we are here after all! Why dont more people use the chat room.....or is there a certain time im not around they all do?
I think your site is brilliant by the way and have been telling all my customers to get on here and air thier views and ask questions.
Kind regards
Dragon

I enjoy being on this site and learning about different products, reading others girls opions on them and the advice they offer on which ever system they use.

It is so sad when things like that happen to a great board :|

Lets just hope it will be the end of it all now :)

Thanks for your time and support to us all

Hmmmm, a product related site eh? So how do these people explain why all my questions are answered so readily and I am not trained yet to use ANY product!!

Ok, so a lot of replies come from people who are Creative trained - so what??? If they are willing to share their expertise, time and patience to ensure techs/newbies are given good advice then what does it matter which product they endorse? Maybe other suppliers aren't so willing to be forthcoming as they are afriad of people becoming better then they are themselves? Or maybe they don't care enough about the industry as a whole to want to advise others within it to ensure we are all being the best we can?

Personally, the fact that Mr & Mrs Geek are willing to put their time/knowledge/money into setting up and running this site and that so many creative trained techs are willing to share their time and knowledge to helping others says to me that this is the type of company I want to invest my money in (and I will when I get some - promise!!). These people obviously do care about the whole industry and not just 'helping their own'.
My thanks go to you all for the help you've given me. Hopefully I will one day be able to return the favour!
B

You Go Mr Geek! Totally with you.

One thing I would like to point out though....

that as long as these threads get post's added, we are still giving these idiots our time and attention (think of the naughty kid in school who's cause trouble as a way to get the limelight).

Personally (and I don't know how many of you feel this way too)...I think that we should stand together and ignore them completely. Why are we wasting our time on them? - we've all got much more constructive posts to make.

I did post to one of them, before I realised what was going on :rolleyes: (SUCH a ditz!!!) But if I'd known then what I know now, I wouldn't have bothered!

It's not like we need to stick up for the site, I'm sure Mr & Mrs Geek, Geeg and all the other who give up sooooo much of their time to us all know how much they, and the site are appreciated! (loved really).

So what do you think Geeks?

The Nail Geek said:
I am over the whole *whinge* thing from a couple of suspicious newbies about this site.
Ive been absent for about 3 weeks due to old pc giving up the ghost. I couldnt wait to get back here to what I consider to be my 'friends'.
I was taken back by all the cursing and venom spewed out from a certain character (no longer here thank heavens).
I really did think that maybe I wouldnt bother coming back ... and Ive been here pretty much from the start!.
So Sam, I know you're all for free speech on here but, I'm glad you got tough ... with some people it seems to be the only way.
Thanks for a great unbiased and friendly site!

can i just say i am a newbee of about 2 weeks and came here for the love of nails........... no hidden agenda just my intrest in nails

I am new here but I am curious as to what this person did?

snoopdoggie said:
I am new here but I am curious as to what this person did?
You dont really seem to fully grasp how much information can be gotten from your IP and email addresses :rolleyes:

Another 2 bite the ban

The Nail Geek said:
You dont really seem to fully grasp how much information can be gotten from your IP and email addresses :rolleyes:

I dunno 'bout everyone else, but I'm kinda getting fed up with these posts, and the idiots creating them also creating further memberships under pseudonym’s to continue wasting all our time.

Mr Geek, PLEASE - isn't there some way you can just cut them dead in their tracks? :rolleyes:

We've got such a nice wee community here, and they are quite frankly just wasting it for the rest of us with their silly games and disrespectful, unhelpful and downright rude comment's - then of course there's the mocking “naivety” :confused: posts...

I know some of us have had disputes with each other at one point or another – that’s only human nature - but it’s never been like these recent posts - where it is blatantly obvious these “members” are just out to try and cause trouble and have no interest in sharing accurate knowledge or giving helpful advise.

Unfortunately, it’s now getting to the stage where I’m thinking every newbie is one of THEM - and I don’t like being made to think that way.

Isn’t there something that can be done?

The Nail Geek said:
All righty kiddies.

I am over the whole *whinge* thing from a couple of suspicious newbies about this site being a non product related site.

People with any sense to them are well aware that this site is non product related. Many times over, we have invited companys to send their educators here to help people with product related queries and sadly, few have ever made the time to come. Does that mean they get no help? Nope. Everyone pitches in to help as much as possible in an unbiased way.

Anyone who has managed to actually read through the threads can see that every product under the rainbow is used by the members here and discussed in a pretty darn constructive manner.
They can also see that we have several distributor representatives here that help out with relevant posts (but as previously mentioned, we could use a few more).

Anyhooo... I am over the whole thing as has been about 4 new members out of 1,800 that have caused the ruckus. Interestingly enough, most were pretty bitter and sadly angry people that had other business intrests, never posted anything to help other users, and interestingly enough, each found themselves on the wrong side of a ban.

He shoots... he scores.

Well said Sam. Too much time spent trying to score goals (trying being the operative word!).
The professional reaction and responses from this site to a load of very silly comments that obviously stem from some sort of jealousy, fear, inadequacy or something have prompted me to try to spend a bit more time looking around the site in the future.
Busy, confident and professional people do not have the time or the need to write the sort of nonsense you have been receiving.
Keep up the good work as it is so obviously being done for all the right reasons.

Marian Newman (I promise to fill in my profile soon!)

Dont look now - it's starting again......:rolleyes:

A.

Meanwhile, over in the main forum.......yadda yadda yadda

Quote:
" Free Speech on this site please.
If this site is so independent why have you censored and removed PLAYDAYS1 sensible and factual comments.

You didn't even answer the factual and correct thread on spores after you got it very wrong?

Don't you want any informed debate? Just new customers? "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back