Banding

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reide

Still in Training
Reaction score
Hey all. I'm an apprentice HOWEVER we are stuck in lockdown. My sister has asked me to colour her hair as we live together and I feel like its a good idea because we go back to work in a few weeks we think.
At the start of the year I did her hair with a few different shades of red and did a 3/0 root stretch. She hasn't coloured her hair since. I'm currently in lockdown so its hard to get an opinion from work at this stage so I figured I'd ask here and get some ideas bouncing.
sd.jpg

The goal is "Red" In the past she felt the root stretch was too "regrowthy" but she is also okay with beliage as long as its not too regrowthy.

So my question is do you guys feel I should cleanse it or foil it? The roots themself are virgin. I know how I want to handle every other aspect of the hair, but that band is taunting me.

Hey all. I'm an apprentice HOWEVER we are stuck in lockdown. My sister has asked me to colour her hair as we live together and I feel like its a good idea because we go back to work in a few weeks we think.
At the start of the year I did her hair with a few different shades of red and did a 3/0 root stretch. She hasn't coloured her hair since. I'm currently in lockdown so its hard to get an opinion from work at this stage so I figured I'd ask here and get some ideas bouncing.
View attachment 212733

The goal is "Red" In the past she felt the root stretch was too "regrowthy" but she is also okay with beliage as long as its not too regrowthy.

So my question is do you guys feel I should cleanse it or foil it? The roots themself are virgin. I know how I want to handle every other aspect of the hair, but that band is taunting me.
Foiling will be more controlled, and you get better lift than if you did it freehand.
I'd use bleach + 1.9% on the roots, and bleach and 3% or even 4% on the old tint.

I'd cleanse out the band myself, you only need to lift to a red undertone so perfect for your target shade.

Latest posts

Back