Bank charges and refunds, can anyone help pls?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinkywinky

Reaction score
Please help!

It's so close to Christmas and we have had a large amount of charges put on my current account. :cry::cry::cry:This is not usual for us I have to say. Can I say we've had a hard time lately financially.

I am usually very good with money, but we've been refurbing a house over 7 months, costing £000's out of our pocket and not borrowed.

I've bought presents all November hence going over the overdraft a bit.

Now we will be in debt even more, face getting more charges as these are applied at the end of the month.

It seems so unfair and I've had enough!

Going to speak with the bank manager tomorrow but not sure if it is now sort of against the law for banks to charge??

Please help

Thank you

A stressed teletubby!!
xxx

Check out this site www.moneysavingexpert.com excellent site, that give you all the information needed.

Good luck!!:hug:

Thanks I really appreciate it. Will have a good read tomorrow! watching an amusing Gordon Ramsey programme now. It's so funnyxxx

think reclaiming all bank charges are on hold for the moment but dont hold me to that they were taking it to court or something, however before all this came in i reclaimed mine £902 thanks NW!!! but its not illegal to charge you its just they charge over the odds!! greedyness!!

Thanks I really appreciate it. Will have a good read tomorrow! watching an amusing Gordon Ramsey programme now. It's so funnyxxx

we watched ramseys kitchen nightmares also.....i liked it when gorden said she was like shrek in a frock!!!!:lol:...sometimes if you see your bank manager and ask for the bank charges to be dropped they will ...good luck hun x

Unfortunately these days going into a bank and asking to see the Manager is not as effective as it used to be - I used to work in a bank. And someone sat behind the counter or on reception has just as much authority to reverse charges as the manager. Even if they do agree in a branch, it's only likely that they will reverse one or two as a 'gesture of goodwill'. Anything more, they class as you being in financial difficulty and they will tell you to phone head office.

These people don't care about helping out people in trouble, nor do they have the training to do so. All they're trained to do is sell things.

I pursued a claim to get some charges reimburrsed, however it was around the time that all of the banks were being taken to court. My claim was rejected and I'm going to have to wait until it all gets resolved with the FSA etc before I take it further.

I even phoned my bank before I got into difficulty and asked them their advice and they told me that they would only treat my account as 'one in difficulty' if I started to default on things! So they tell me to do it, and I end up paying for it later on!

when i was younger i had loadsa bank charges, nd have been intouch with challange your charges, they have been great and sorted everyting for me i have climed back all the charges i had from the last 10 years. and have just had £760 cash. what a result. so give that a go.

when i was younger i had loadsa bank charges, nd have been intouch with challange your charges, they have been great and sorted everyting for me i have climed back all the charges i had from the last 10 years. and have just had £760 cash. what a result. so give that a go.

I've just been on their website - can't believe that they charge you 20% plus VAT!

20%!!!! i did mine myself asked bank for statements last 6 years worth highlighted all charges and copied the pages which had charges wrote a letter (which i still have template for if anyone wants it) and sent them in by recorded delivery got a letter back saying it would be up to 8 weeks for my claim to be sorted 8 weeks later i got a letter offering me the money i accepted and £902 was paid into my acount about 6 days later but as said previously i think all claims are on hold at the mo!

Bank charges are not illegal but they are un-lawful. Mention to the Bank Manager this fact. They can refund the charges if they really want to. My sister spoke to her bank manager earlier this week and got £100 worth refunded.......it depends how you state your case.

Good luck, and don't be put off by them.

Latest posts

Back